My 16 gauge Pinfire shotgun

Steppenwolf

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
This little beast came in the mail this morning:) No name just a serial number, I haven't even found any proof marks yet. 30.5" barrels, LOP 15.5" Sorry about the crappie photographs. I can't wait to get some shells for it!

dscf0040x.jpg

dscf0041.jpg

dscf0042j.jpg

dscf0039o.jpg

dscf0044.jpg
 
Very Nice! i been looking at 16 Ga Pin fire DB shotguns lately.
You got a beauty there. :)

We gota figger out how to make pin fire ammo!
I have seen some of MC shells and have tryed it before. I dont think its that hard but getting the pins to fire the primers or percussion caps is the hard part.
 
We gota figger out how to make pin fire ammo!
I have seen some of MC shells and have tryed it before. I dont think its that hard but getting the pins to fire the primers or percussion caps is the hard part.

Important that you use copper or brass/bronze pins so as not to damage the hammers and also I put a drop of airplane glue on the outside of the case to keep the pin in place. The glue dries away to nothing but does secure the pin. I found that if the pin backed out slightly and you pushed it back in place, the shells would not fire. Not sure why.
What I have to try for the small revolvers is to use a square hole for the primer to sit in. With a round hole, you appear to lose too much energy in deforming the cap to fit the curve. The hammer on the pistols is not very strong while on the shotguns they are quite strong.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom