Smith & Wesson Model 1

Rigmover

Regular
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hi all i just got a S&W Model 1 2nd Issue dates to around 1886. Its in pretty good shape for its age. I know it was intended to shoot the old .22 Black powder Shorts in it .But i would like to try using the cci 22 CB Shorts in it as there not as powerful as the regular 22 Shorts Does anyone have or ever herd of anybody using this type of ammo in the Model 1. Let me know if you don't think its wise too any comment's would be greatly appreciated Thanks Rick
 
Well even i wouldnt try that.
22 CB caps are mild but the S&W has a paper thin chamber wall in that gun.

I use 22 CB caps to shoot rats in my Mosberg and they are not very loud! but they blow the guts outa a rat accross the lawn.
its fun to watch the Chickens finish off the rat as its crawling away as the chickens eat its intestines like Spagetti :D
I Hate Rats.
they come right out in the open after baby ducks and carry off the ducks to cover to eat them while there still alive.
 
Just watch out... some of them just got their RPALs from the CFC and are getting ready for some payback!

sniper.jpg



:D
 
Not an Antique, if it's 38LC. Even if it is an antique.

See post 30, para 7 at http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217529

Sorry dude. It's a restricted firearm until you gouge it out to a .41 Long Colt, then it becomes harmless.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Trev

With respect, I believe he knows that .38 is restricted.
The question is (if original poster brought the .22 in from the US) How Hard Was It To Get It Registered In Canada?"
I look forward to hearing the answer.
 
Hey Rigmover did you happen to buy the gun in the States? If so how much of a problem was it registering the gun. I'm thinking of buying an antique revolver thats .38LC.

No bought from a dealer in Ontario for $200. I have a friend of mine thats bringing in a Colt from Arizona hes been working on that one since Aug. If hes lucky he should have by the end of this month. Its not cheap to bring in firearms from the US.If you do your own paper work you save about 150 bucks.And if the paper work not done proper you loose your gun at the border so he was telling me.Lots of BS bringing in firearms from the US. I think theres a few dealers here in Canada that do it but charge around 400 bucks or so.It better be a special gun to be doing that LOL..
 
With respect, I believe he knows that .38 is restricted.
The question is (if original poster brought the .22 in from the US) How Hard Was It To Get It Registered In Canada?"
I look forward to hearing the answer.

Ahhhh! Believe you are correct, too! :redface:

Cheers
Trev
 
Theres no way that anyone can buy a Model 1 S&W in the US and registered it here in Canada because there all prohibited because they have little over 3" barrel lenghts.But you can buy them here with the 12.6 Class. The one that i got i bought in Ontario.Its the third one i seen for sale in the last year and all were from down East.
 
Back
Top Bottom