Another Canadian looking for Cannon Fuse

drache

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
Looking for a place to purchase 1/8 Cannon fuse. All the US companies refuse to deliver to Canada. I want 1/8 because it fits the hole perfectly.
 
Well I must admit I got a funny email from LA.

I contacted them and asked if they have 1/8 cannon fuse. This is their reply:

We do not sell 1/8 cannon fuse but we do sell 3/32 fuse.

At first I was kinda let down until I did the math in my head. 1/8 = 4/32 unless Im mistaken. So the difference is that 3/32 would be about 0.88mm smaller.

Unless my math is completely wrong :D
 
Well I must admit I got a funny email from LA.

I contacted them and asked if they have 1/8 cannon fuse. This is their reply:



At first I was kinda let down until I did the math in my head. 1/8 = 4/32 unless Im mistaken. So the difference is that 3/32 would be about 0.88mm smaller.

Unless my math is completely wrong :D

Your math is off its .79375mm
 
it's very simple, all you do is you take the 'drop wires' and in the middle connect them to a piece of wire that has more resistance than the drop wires, often you put a notch in the 'hotwire' or dab some sort of pyrotechnic compostion on them either way you dump some current into the wires and the more resistant wire gets hot & sometimes throw off hot sparks, model rocket ignitors are pretty much what I'm talking about.
 
Last edited:
Gotcha! I used to play with model rockets all the time as a kid.

To use a hotwire setup though I'd have to modify the cannon though I would think by drilling out the fuse hole.
 
This is the worst piss off EVER! I was afraid cannon fuse would be hard to get.....

I went into the local gunstore today and asked if they carried black powder. The response, "nope".

What kind of gunstore doesn't carry black powder? Seriously. He had a SINGLE can of fffffffg powder that someone had ordered in and never picked up.

There are NO other stores that sell black powder anywhere in Williams Lake.....

So no black powder means I'll have to cancel my "part" of the halloween show this weekend. I never would have thought a gun store would carry black powder.....
 
I was told the RCMP came and took it off the shelves at SIR and Wholesale. So I guess only the police and military can have cannons!:D
 
1/16 vs 1/8 Fuse

drache,

If you are worried about premature ignition, wrap some tape around it to bump up the size where it enters the touch hole.

My 2 cannons had 1/8 touch holes, were fired 1000's of times with 1/16 fuse and never had an issue.

In a few years you will look back on this thread and laugh to yourself.

Good luck with the hunt.

Threemorewishes
 
Loyalist Arms will sell me 50 feet and up for 0.42 cents a foot so then plus shipping which sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Now if I could only find the powder....
 
Back
Top Bottom