Holland and Banbury Pepperbox

Steppenwolf

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
My first pepperbox:) Trigger and spring need some work. 3" barrels and 31 cal. I can't wait until it arrives:)
hollandbanburyright.png
 
My first pepperbox:) Trigger and spring need some work. 3" barrels and 31 cal. I can't wait until it arrives:)
hollandbanburyright.png

Now thats indeed neat!

Ever read Mark Twains book roughing it.......He writes interesting and amusing accounts of firing the pepperbox, how it had a habit of chain firing and other fun moments with the thing.

Ive always wanted one;) yours looks like a great specimin.
 
Very nice!
I like them to.
We had one awhile back and got it all fixed up.
That looks like a good one to me.

Is it British or American ?
Im guessing British and them are little proof marks in each barrel grove.
 
I owned an Allen &Thurber for a few years, had a lot of fun with it,. It never chain-fired, terrified many tin-cans at under 15 yards[I can't remember ever hitting one ] but was finally sized by the Fort Erie police, never to be seen again, after a twit shot my thumb with it. An old Air Force buddy, Charlie Belanger, had a single action one, which despite the bar-hammer, he could actually hit things with.
 
Beautiful lookn` gun.....I have a replica of an Ethan Allen pepperbox - 6 barrel, .36cal - and it certainly is a hoot to shoot.....And I never have had a chain fire.....Just make sure that your caps are on tight....
 
Back
Top Bottom