8x57 surpluss or affordable ammo

MWDGunner

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

Where in Canada can I get some 8x57mm surplus ammo or new ammo that is fairly affordable?

What should I expect to pay?

Thanks.
 
It depends on how much you want to shoot. In the long run, it's far cheaper to reload.
If you're going to shoot tailor mades, it will be expensive. Even surplus is starting to run 65 cents a round and that's for 60 year old corrosive stuff. Then of course the brass must be disposed of.

If you're really strapped for cash or really a tightwad, shooting really isn't a good hobby to get into. Every time you pull the trigger, it will cost you at least 50 cents with a centerfire round. With tailor made, new manufacture, a minimum of a dollar a round. Usually more. Then there is the cost of the range and getting there.
 
They are 139gr. Don't ask me why but they are shipping them with 139gr SP's in them. I haven't pulled one but thats what the box says as well as the info from the factory.

Ryan


I think your 8mm listing must be incorrect. It shows the 8mm bullet weight as 139gr.
 
It's usually 196 isn't it? People have been coming back and buying more, they say it shoots fine.

Ryan
 
There was a bunch of Yugo 8x57 for sale this summer. It wasn't cheap by any means. It was also 60 years old and corrosive. The days of 5 cent/cartridges are long gone. Just like the 50 cent per pound 4831.
 
I've got a wooden crate full of 900 rounds of 8mm mauser. Not sure on where its from, how much it costs or how old it is. The casings have FNM-70-27. Any idea what this stuff is worth?
 
I've got a wooden crate full of 900 rounds of 8mm mauser. Not sure on where its from, how much it costs or how old it is. The casings have FNM-70-27. Any idea what this stuff is worth?

Portuguese, made in 1970. Depending on local market, $600-900.
 
I love this site. Thanks for the Info, is there any other online sorce for pricing this stuff? Ive come into a lot of surplus ammo, belts of 30.06, 8 round garand clips etc. Sorry if this is hijacking.
 
Quality surplus ball that's not 7.62x39 is going for a bare minimum of $.50 a round. You can get more than that depending on the buyer and what type of ammo. 7.62 NATO and .30-06 ball would go for $.75 and up.

You won't find any other place online to value it unless a retailer has some listed on their site.
 
Back
Top Bottom