9mm Sellier & Bellot

LawrenceN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
248   0   0
One of our vendors (SFRC) has case lots of 9mm 124gr FMJ for $280.00. Does anyone know if this is corrosive or clean? I've got a buddy's birthday coming up, and that much ammo would just tickle him pink. If it's dirty, the gift loses some of the charm. Let me know please, or if anyone knows of a better deal, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
 
They have a Shipping Calculator on the website.

Just add items to your cart then click "calculate shipping" or something of that sort. The more you buy (which is a good excuse in itself) the cheaper shipping is... Get your friends in on it!.
 
and if clean isn't enough, once you shoot this ammo you will get this sweet taste in your mouth from breathing the exhaust in. quite tasty! i love sellier and bellot! keeps me off the sweets!! mmm mmm good!
 
The ammo is non-corrosive but it is dirty. I shot lots of it when I owned a 9mm. Found it pretty accurate and it's priced low.

I've used this a fair bit.

What would you recommend by way of significantly "cleaner" ammo, especially something that could be kept in storage for a long time?

Thanks.
 
It may be dirty but even after long shooting sessions it wasn't a worry. If you are looking for some stuff to squirrel away don't be afraid of S&B. It's reliable and cheap. Plus it's sealed, a big bonus for storage.

OUCH! A year ago I bought a case of Winchester white box 115gr for $135.00 before taxes. So my question is, is S&B that much better?

It's been a while since I have seen any WWB in 9mm (.40 or .45too). When I did it was priced well above S&B.
 
It may be dirty but even after long shooting sessions it wasn't a worry. If you are looking for some stuff to squirrel away don't be afraid of S&B. It's reliable and cheap. Plus it's sealed, a big bonus for storage.



It's been a while since I have seen any WWB in 9mm (.40 or .45too). When I did it was priced well above S&B.


but did you taste the sweetness in the air? i'm serious, i actually taste something sweet after i shoot S&B.:puke:
 
Not really pleasant sweet, but an acrid/sweet smoky taste, quite foul, likely toxic too.

I much prefer the 147gr. American Eagle TMJ non toxic ammo he was selling, good stuff, VERY clean, no funny smoky exhaust after either.
 
S&B is great ammo, it feels a little warmer than US stuff and the brass is beautiful for reloading, really tight dimensionally - I actually prefer S&B over most US brands, the US makers seem to be using softer brass that doesn't last as well as their older stuff, or S&B.
 
very nice, i have a dillon xl650, had it for about 4 months now and never used it yet. i had found out that not all brass have the same size primers :( now i have to go through each piece and make sure... sucky
 
Back
Top Bottom