Any one know what this is?

I <3 M14

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
364   0   0
Location
BC Peace
Anyone out there have any idea what this shot gun is?:confused:

It's an over-under 12 gauge that came from my great grandpa. The only markings on it are "remo-suhl" on the top of the barrel, "made in germany" on the left side, and a small "Nitro" on the left side. I can't seem to find any info online. Pics can be viewed at:
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab61/cuhulain/?action=view&current=IMG_4618.jpg
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab61/cuhulain/?action=view&current=IMG_4619.jpg
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab61/cuhulain/?action=view&current=IMG_4622.jpg
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab61/cuhulain/?action=view&current=IMG_4624.jpg
http://s850.photobucket.com/albums/ab61/cuhulain/?action=view&current=IMG_4625.jpg

Also, anyone know of a good antiques appraiser in western canada?
Thanks.:canadaFlag:
 
Anyone out there have any idea what this shot gun is?:confused:

It's an over-under 12 gauge that came from my great grandpa. The only markings on it are "remo-suhl" on the top of the barrel, "made in germany" on the left side, and a small "Nitro" on the left side. I can't seem to find any info online. Pics can be viewed at:

I don't think it is all that old; my guess would be sometime after the 1920s. The manufacturer was the brothers Rempt (Gebruder Rempt) and the factory was Remo-Gewerfabrik in Suhl, Germany. Gebruder Rempt was active from 1865 to 1940.

cheers mooncoon

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom