Cap&Ball Parts Interchange?

Duncan71

Regular
Rating - 100%
178   0   2
Location
Calgary AB
Hey all,

Would the parts found on a Pietta/Uberti Remington 1858 interchange with the parts on an original piece? The reason I ask is would it be possible to buy a beat up shooter, and then a full repro and replace parts and what not?
 
there will be some fitting required even with modern repro of original parts...as said Dixie has repro parts for original iron as well as parts for repro iron.
No need to buy the full repro iron as most parts that wear out are available.
 
Hey all,

Would the parts found on a Pietta/Uberti Remington 1858 interchange with the parts on an original piece? The reason I ask is would it be possible to buy a beat up shooter, and then a full repro and replace parts and what not?

some of the small parts might fit originals but the major parts do not. Cylinder pins are different, at least on my Colt and I am pretty sure the barrel was quite a bit lighter on the replica

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom