9mm Sellier & Bellot

Update! I went hunting (no joy), and cleaned and put away the rifles for now. Cleaning up after the S&B ammo was a snap. I gave the bore a wipe with AccuBore, let it sit for a bit, and swabbed it out. I ran a few clean patches through, and in no time at all, I had a nice shiney bore. I soaked the piston head in ammonia for a while, and cleaned it with some 000 steel wool. Quite a change after the Yugo surplus ammo. I didn't get the accuracy I'd like with the S&B stuff, so I have some Prvi Partizan coming from SFRC that I'll try out, and I've taken off the red dot sight and put on a compact scope. Next time I'm shooting, I'll give both types a workout, and see what produces the best group. I've yet to determine which ammo my SKS likes to digest. I'll keep this thread updated and let you all know. PS: I didn't notice the "sweet" smell that some of you mentioned.
 
Back
Top Bottom