Hollow Point 9mm price qn

I just put it on the site. It was a limited run due to a limited # of projectiles....only 1900 rounds in.

Ryan

About a buck a round is going rate for premium JHP in 9mm...at least taxes in.

If there's cheap 9mm JHP coming in, even if its generic winchester white box style available soon at cheap prices...you might need a lot more than just a few. Stuff would sell like hotcakes at an affordable price.

Bogman, you don't need all 2500 rounds. You WANT to sell me that stuff at $10/25 rounds and double your profit right?

:D
 
I just put it on the site. It was a limited run due to a limited # of projectiles....only 1900 rounds in.

Ryan

This is probably impossible to answer but, do you think the 9mm JHP will become a regular stock item, or a once and a while thing depending on the availability of the projectiles?
 
9mm HP projectiles may soon have better availability - I just got my share from Hornady a couple of days ago, the free bullets deal for buying their press, dies. Sure thought they'd never show up since it's been almost a year now. Their .40 bullets came almost instantly thou.
My take is they used all the bullets they made to make ammo... and demand for 9mm HP ammo may be declining in the USA.
 
124 JHP's are not what I would expect for IPSC Prod (your site says these are loaded to IPSC specifications) What's the powder, the approx power factor...and OAL?
 
I just put it on the site. It was a limited run due to a limited # of projectiles....only 1900 rounds in.

Ryan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck3436
About a buck a round is going rate for premium JHP in 9mm...at least taxes in.

If there's cheap 9mm JHP coming in, even if its generic winchester white box style available soon at cheap prices...you might need a lot more than just a few. Stuff would sell like hotcakes at an affordable price.

Bogman, you don't need all 2500 rounds. You WANT to sell me that stuff at $10/25 rounds and double your profit right?


Looking good!!!!!!

EDIT: Hey WTH its all sold out already? Just tried buying some!!!!
 
I was cutting and pasting when I put them on, just going to change that.

124 JHP's are not what I would expect for IPSC Prod (your site says these are loaded to IPSC specifications) What's the powder, the approx power factor...and OAL?
 
When I'm back tomorrow afternoon, if the case of 900 isn't gone I'll break it back up into smaller lots.
 
Be prepared to shell out at least $30 a box on 9mm hollowpoints. I did get some Ranger 147gr. SXT-T series for $13/50 a few years ago, but I stumbled on a deal and bought it all at that price.

Rem GS
Speer GD
Fed HST
Win Ranger
WWB

has been some of the rounds I have seen lately, all over $30.
 
I must admit I'm always perplexed at the price jump with JHP ammo

I can understand it for some of the more exoitic flavours...but it cost me exactly $6.00 per 1,000 rounds more to load JHP over FMJ...and that's just the slight price jump in the projectiles...

Supply and demand?
 
I must admit I'm always perplexed at the price jump with JHP ammo

I can understand it for some of the more exoitic flavours...but it cost me exactly $6.00 per 1,000 rounds more to load JHP over FMJ...and that's just the slight price jump in the projectiles...

Supply and demand?

I figured the same thing. My JHP reloads are barely more expensive than FMJ, unless i'm using something like an XTP. A couple pennies on each round I bet. Compare that to the 50-100% increase when you are talking factory.
 
Back
Top Bottom