My Antique Sharps came Today! (better pics)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Well i must say this Orignal Sharps sadle ring carbine was even better than discribed..
The gun is tight near mint bore is all Orignal as far as i can tell.
The guy who refinished it musta been really good at his job cause it looks Ex. The blueing and case hardening are the best i seen on any refinished Antique.
The gun has a nice feel to it is way lighter than i expected.
The gun works so nice.
I feel very lucky to have gotten such a nice example and its my frist orignal sharps.
Has wide flat 3 land rifleing the Chamber and bore are like new.
Cant wait to shoot this gun.:D

PB230051.jpg


PB230045.jpg


PB230042.jpg


PB230033.jpg
 
Nice looking piece, what are the specs on the rifle?
Regards

Its a 1863 Cartridge conversion to 50 70.
Acording to another CGN member.
If thats what you ment by Specs.
I have not sluged the bore yet.
The gun has the Patent dates and markings.
 
What a beauty, I hope you will use the .50 for hunting as it was meant for, as well as charging into Indian camps on horseback!
 
Can't wait for a FULL range report, dingus ol' buddy old pal of mine ;)
I am looking at a couple myself! I just hate taking my Shiloh out hunting-(I did buy it for BPCRS!)-a 50 carbine would be a perfect hunter of deer!

Later.....

pssst, dingus, don't tell anyone---waiting for my letter for the Russian I bought-hope to have the #3 early in the new year! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks for all the compliments.
Its been a Dream rifle of mine to get to.
I been looking for one for 5 years or so on the auction sites but always got outbid.
I have a 50 70 Remington rolling block pistol so i have Brass and Dies just need to get some bullets and off i go.
Oh and yes its gona be my hunting Rifle. I will use it over any modern gun i have.
The 50 70 is perfect for the West coast where i live 100 Yds is a long shot with all the bush.
Its great for deer or any bears to. its short and handy to swing and not heavy like i expected.
Should shoot decent with the near mint bore to!

Customs gave me a Xmass gift to with 0 taxes or fees :)
 
Back
Top Bottom