Hello all:
I purchased a model '78/81 Swiss Vetterli from a gun in the US. I had thought that because this was an antique that shipping to Canada would not be a problem. It turns out he's having a hell of a time shipping it to me. The USPS would not take as they say they will not ship “rifles” to Canada. He then tried to send it VIA UPS (I got a tracking number so I believe him) and the UPS web site shows it was returned to him do to a “shipping violation”
What do you guys do when having an antique rifle to Canada, and what should he write on the customs form in order to be both truefull and yet not freak out the guys at the US post office or Canada Customs?
Thanks
Mark
I purchased a model '78/81 Swiss Vetterli from a gun in the US. I had thought that because this was an antique that shipping to Canada would not be a problem. It turns out he's having a hell of a time shipping it to me. The USPS would not take as they say they will not ship “rifles” to Canada. He then tried to send it VIA UPS (I got a tracking number so I believe him) and the UPS web site shows it was returned to him do to a “shipping violation”
What do you guys do when having an antique rifle to Canada, and what should he write on the customs form in order to be both truefull and yet not freak out the guys at the US post office or Canada Customs?
Thanks
Mark


















































