- Location
- Toronto, Ontario
I have a soft spot for all 3 rifles in this poll, but, in my opinion (because it carries OH so much weight) volume of fire takes the cake. Especially when any form of line fighting is involved. So the Henry is tops and the Sharps is bringing up the rear. As far as caliber is concerned, getting hit with a 56-56 would probably hurt, but at the same time so would a .44, ITS A BULLET. Medicine of the period wasn't too advanced so a hit from any of these weapons was a potential death sentence. With Accuracy too, what percentage of those boys were taking carefully aimed shots, none percent that's what (probably more, but I'm making a point so let me run with it). I'm going with the Henry all the way. It's got some flaws but nothing too severe (we're not discussing the whole rimfire-tube-magazine issue, ok, spencer did it too so lets that slide). If its easy to get dirt IN the magazine, its super easy to get it out too, and the cartridges are water proof so you're good, and I don't know who these people are, running around smashing the magazines on things and defending against sword strikes but lets say you DO somehow manage to mangle your tube mag, just single feed rounds and presto, you're firing a sharps.
Last edited:


















































