.22 Ammo Prices at Canadian Tire

LuckyLuc82

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
275   0   0
All I want to say is why?

IMG00188-20100106-1509.jpg


IMG00186-20100106-1509.jpg


IMG00187-20100106-1509.jpg


IMG00184-20100106-1508.jpg


IMG00185-20100106-1509.jpg


the 30-30 seems like a decent deal, no?

can't seem to find single good deal these days.
 
Chemist posted a little while ago about upcoming increases in .22 ammo, although I have always found CT to be overpriced in this area.
 
I have visited 5 CT's in the last 5 days, while on my travels......... I love my job.

Prices have gone to ####, although I know there will be a sale coming up soon, and I will take them down for everything they got!
 
Fed 525 bulk packs are up to +/- $30 each when I was there a couple weeks ago. That is about $6 more than I bought them for in the summer.
 
Canadian Tire would not be the ideal place to purchase inexpensive Ammo anyway.
I spoke with a Canadian Tire employee in Drayton Valley, AB a few months back regarding ammo prices, and he mentioned all ammo sent to each store comes from a Warehouse in Brampton, Ontario.
Not only are ammo prices going up, but the freight costs associated with a single shipping point within Canada? Yikes...
On top of that, certain Canadian Tire stores don't have high turnover on ammo, therefore making it difficult to lower prices.
 
Maybe there's method to their madness?
Jack up the price and it doesn't sell,
"Oh look it's not selling"
No turnover/profit, why keep it anymore?
Paper work-law's-hassle....
Sorry sir we don't stock it anymore,not enough demand.......
 
can tire is always more expensive for the .22 ammo...dunno why.....I usually get mine at walmart....boxes of 333 are $13 and boxes of 500 are $20.77
 
Maybe there's method to their madness?
Jack up the price and it doesn't sell,
"Oh look it's not selling"
No turnover/profit, why keep it anymore?
Paper work-law's-hassle....
Sorry sir we don't stock it anymore,not enough demand.......

Close.

It seems the new CT business practice is to have a really high "regular" price and then put it on sale at a normal price and people snap it up. Not just ammo, but everything.

Prices have gone to s**t, although I know there will be a sale coming up soon, and I will take them down for everything they got!

See what I mean?;)

Go spend your money at a real gun store.
 
Back
Top Bottom