? for Webley bullet makers

apu

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
159   0   0
Location
Manitoba
Looking to get my hands on the following bullet mould a Webley.455" 45-265-RN-HB and wondering what sizing dies I should get -.454, larger?. I don't have the MKII revolver yet so have no idea on exact chamber throat size.

For anyone who shoots and casts their own Webley bullets, what do you size you bullets at ?
 
I don't cast but I would wait till you get your revolver then measure the throats and size them close to that.

I agree that would be the sensible thing to do but I am itching to do a little casting while I wait. I guess I am curious what what other people are doing.
 
In a 455 I haven't found one with a chamber mouth over .454 usually smaller I size mine to .454 should work fine.
 
Get the 265gr mould that has the hollow base. On the Webely/enfield, it's the throat mouth of cylinder that is important if I recall. Each throat maybe slightly different.
 
Most .45 cal. pistol bullet molds won't drop a bullet as big as .455", some will drop .454 as that is the old .45 Colt's measurement, Lyman's 454190(at least the older ones) comes out to at least .454".
 
Round nose bullets don't shoot very well in my Webley; use the traditional one with the long tapered nose. I think the lack of coning at the base of the barrel is the reason for the long tapered nose

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom