** I need some info on a old percussion gun. lots of pic's

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
Ok. I picked up this gun for “free” on the EE and I would like to know some info on it. I think I am going to weld it up and put it up on my wall. But before I do that I want to know what it is worth. Gun looks to be in good shape. When I got it the gun , I looked it over and seen that when I blew on the end of the barrel it was plugged up. So I pulled the barrel apart and there was a bullet in it... lol. But no powder so I pulled that out and the barrel is good shape no pit’s

I looked on google and cannot find info on it.

Take a look at this link to see some more pictures of the gun
hillbillytactical.ca/cgnpic/28ga.html

DSCF7369.JPG
 
I am seen a couple of guns like that one; seemed to be inexpensive smoothbores made for places like South America. If there are any proof marks on the barrel, that would give an indication of the country of origin. As to value, I would put it around $100 at a guess

cheers mooncoon
 
As you can tell from the barrel markings, it was made in Spain. I can remember guns like this being sold in the 60s and 70s. I have a similar one; killed 5 ptarmigans with a single shot with it. IIRC, I bought it from SIR Mailorder for $29.95.
Don't know why you would weld it up. It would likely shoot just fine.
 
I am seen a couple of guns like that one; seemed to be inexpensive smoothbores made for places like South America. If there are any proof marks on the barrel, that would give an indication of the country of origin. As to value, I would put it around $100 at a guess

cheers mooncoon

X2 I have one in 45 cal smooth,

bellgianrifle.jpg
 
That gun is very similar to the guns sold by Century International out of Montreal in the mid to late 1960's. I have had several. They not quality guns but unless someone has left them dirty and rusted the breech plug thread they are fun to shoot.
I wouldn't weld it up - it may be too much fun shooting.
 
That gun is very similar to the guns sold by Century International out of Montreal in the mid to late 1960's. I have had several. They not quality guns but unless someone has left them dirty and rusted the breech plug thread they are fun to shoot.
I wouldn't weld it up - it may be too much fun shooting.

I always wondered where these came from, I'm thinkin' this will be my grandboys first smothbore.


Cheers nessy.
 
dixie gunworks sold these back in the early 70s for around 29.00 the spanish company that made them also made a pistol that matched it that dixie also sold for 24.00 in 1974, they shoot ok but thier the cheapest gun I've ever handled.
 
Back
Top Bottom