.22 Ammo Prices at Canadian Tire

the baron.... not worth the 3 minit drive... i once went there, a guy walks in, builds out a comlpete gun, tikka t3 with a swarafski glass bi pod and the hole bit, hes got the whole thing laid out for the guy, and then asks him for his PAL... needless to say it was nonexistant. so i wasted 45 mins waiting behind this guy, only to be "next" so i left... what a usless bunch of ####s they are. sorry baron, one to many times.
 
CT seems to be the only place I can buy slugs in quantity - 15 round boxes of Winchester for $15-$16.
I bought a brick of 400 American Eagle copper plated HP .22LR at Wholesale Sports for $19.99, pretty good deal I think.

Walmart or CT is good for their value boxes of 100 #4 shotshells. I bought a pack just to have cheap shells to shoot.
 
ammo prices

lannard you said you waited 45 minutes for some guy to get out of the way at Lebarons to get ammo?? why ? the ammo is at the front desk . I was there 3 weeks ago and they were quite nice to me and I could have bought all the ammo I wanted . and the prices were within reason . I have had problems there in the past as in some of thier employees do have bad attitudes but after that episode I phoned the general Manager and told him what had happened.

I have known him for years to talk to him and I told him I had cash money in my pocket and I said to hell with this crap and walked out . I did;nt even have to discribe the guy I was talking to at the time as he figgured it out on his own . he's not there anymore . working there that is . if you have a problem in a store and it;s a legit one SPEAK UP and ask to speak to the manager . believe me you will be taken care of in a heart beat .

times are tough and if someone yaps off to me when I;m looking to spend my cash money not just kick tires then heads are going to roll. and if I did;nt get satisfaction then I would be phoneing the head office to tell them what had transpired and that I will be takeing my buisness to Bass Pro and would be adviseing all my friends to do so also .
 
Walmart seems to be holding steady on the current pricing. For now...

They increased their ammo prices before Canadian Tire did in late August. 30-30 was $14.99 for Winchester at Wal-mart until they raised it in the summer, I believe it is $19.99 now. CT sells their 30-30 $16.99 still for Winchester.

Wal-mart and CT increased the prices in their entire line of ammo in the late summer; but so did my local gun store. It's just the sign of the times, suppliers increase prices and the retailers pass the increase on to you.
 
Guys I might have found another "cheap" source. Go to your local peavey mart, they have the little bb gun section and I checked a little while ago and they had federal .22 ammo, the stuff that everyone likes. They still had it at the "old" price of $24 instead of $29. Hope that helps....
 
Bought a brick of Fed .22 for 29.00 at CT today and was a little superised. I had stocked up a bit in the late summer and this was the first time buying ammo in a while.

Can't wait to see where the 9mm prices go to...

Cactus
 
I was scooping up those Federal Bulk Packs at Cambodian Tire in 2007 for around $16 here in BC. They went up to $19 that year, $24 in '08, $29 in early '09 and they're now selling for $33 in my town. Fact is; they'll be $50 before you know it, so we may as well enjoy these prices.


Ammo seems like a good investment... The stuff I bought 3 years ago has increased in value by 600% and outperformed gold by 200%....


This is actually a really good point that I've been telling people for a while now

A) You're going to keep buying the stuff so you might as well buy it now, cheaper than it will be next purchase

B) It's incredibly easy to sell ammo if you know other target shooters/hunters (very liquid, easily turned into cash again)

C) In any emergency or SHTF scenario; ammunition will be the ultimate currency IMO

D) Can't protect your family or kill game with gold or silver....

Lead and Brass for the win!!! :D

It just may very well end up being more valuable than the other 'precious metals'
 
Back
Top Bottom