Good, cheap muzzleloaders?

Ya ah. Should have figered as much.:(

Another rifle that caught my eye on WSS was the Traditions Kentucky Classic...........

http://www.wholesalesports.com/stor...kentucky-classic-muzzleloader/prod209859.html

Anyone had any experience with these? WSS has the complete rifle listed for $360. Thats $110 less then the Lyman GP in kit form. And if Bass Pro in Canada carry them,...............

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s..._94879_425010001_425000000_425010000_425-10-1

.......... it sounds like a good deal to me. (that is if there worth it)

Thanks

Ti
 
I see. I'll most likely go with the Lyman anyway. I came a cross a Muzzleloading forum and read some reviews on the Kentucky. I would rather spend the extra money and make sure I get quality.

http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/8/cat/4


So I have one more question for you guys and I should be set. What caliber would be better suited for longer range shooting, .54 or .50? Or does it matter much? (I mean long range as in like 150 yards or so. Longer then that if possable)

Thanks you.:)

Ti
 
Last edited:
Are you asking about shooting animals at that range or just target shooting?I'm assuming you mean hunting...wow,that's getting out there for a roundball in any caliber but the .54 would be my choice if you're well practiced and know it's trajectory.That's too far imho for a .50rb on deer size game,maybe ok with a .50 conical but again only if you know the rainbow trajectory extremely well.For the most part,esp. with PRBs,expect to keep your shots within 100 yards.I see you've linked to the ML forum,there's a wealth of info to be found on those pages,hardcore traditionalists only,in-line zipgunners need not apply for membership,LOL.
 
So I have one more question for you guys and I should be set. What caliber would be better suited for longer range shooting, .54 or .50? Or does it matter much? (I mean long range as in like 150 yards or so. Longer then that if possable)

Thanks you.:)

Ti

Either will work great out to about 200 yards for ringing gongs but the drop starts to be a challenge after 125 or so which would be about my limit for hunting.

If you go with a faster twist that will handle the slugs then you can push it farther. But be prepared to soak up a lot of recoil. :yingyang:
 
^^^ Gocha man.;)

Well, thank you all very much for your help. With out you guys, I probably would have bought so cheap plastic thing-a-jig.:rolleyes:

Thanks again.:D

Ti
 
Back
Top Bottom