Are they giveing out new antique gun letter?

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
O.k. so the other day I called in to get an antique letter for a gun. Fist time I get a letter in close to 2 months. (it’s a colt 1892 so I want to get a letter for it seeing it looks like a new gun)

Fist thing they do is ask me for my email. So I told them it. Then they got me to reply to the email with the info on the gun. So I did.

Then the email me back with a Verifier # , Verifier’s last/first name and Firearm Reference Table #:

Told me to go to the online firearms site to register your firearm. Then I told them NO I don’t want to register the gun. Seeing I don’t have my rpal. And they told me now to get an antique letter you need to first register the firearm in your name, and then they will send you an antique letter. (Witch I got. But it look a lot different then the last letter..

So now. Buy the looks of it, looking online I have a antique gun registered in my name and then they sent me a antique letter, I sure hop they un register the gun from my name…


Are they doing something new or maybe they don’t like me?

One good thing is that I got the letter the next day.
 
They dont like you! :p



Its been like that for awhile now. the gun isnt suposed to be registered there just useing this "system" to keep records on the Antique letters.
The guns get kicked back outa the system but a record is kept of its application by you.
 
Don't worry about it... on the RCMP website it clearly says that there are no restrictions on possessing, selling or giving away antique firearms. Therefore whatever link there may be to you in regards to that gun is pretty much lost the next day.

Like any other organization, the CFC needs to justify it's existence somehow, that's probably why they choose to do it that way (more stats). Plus maybe they also count those letters as "gun registrations" for the pro-registry crowd (Wendy, Ignatieff, Duceppe, Layton, Toronto's idiotic mayor & his lap police dog chief Blair... and all the other clueless commie monkeys we have to deal with these days).

There's also a recent thread about this here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383522

P.S. Also, remember that antique letters are not a must.. they do help when you're faced with some clueless cop\CFO, but are by no means a legal requirement.
 
Back
Top Bottom