How does +p work?

newshot

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
124   0   1
Location
GTA
I was using +p ammo for the first time this past weekend and it has a lot more kick to it. It is the same grain count though as other ammo I use. What makes it so much more powerful?

Sorry if this is a basic question...but I am just starting to experiment with new types of ammo, and am looking for a better understanding.
 
Depending on the cartridge, the difference between a regular round and +P can be small. It is more of a lawyer designed load. Lower pressure cartridges benefit much more than high pressure cartridges because the pressure increase is a higher percentage of the max pressure.


2254785d293943756722e42616ebf73d5g.jpg
 
bought a box of .45 auto 180gr +p Gold dots yesterday..... 36$ + tax for 20....

Anyone know what FPS they should have out of a standard 1911?
 
"...What makes it so much more powerful?..." Physics. Higher pressures/velocity increases felt recoil. Not much call for +P ammo in Canada.
"...180gr +p Gold dots...36$ + tax for 20..." Speer seems to have discontinued 180 +P's. Only listing 200's on their site. Their 185 grain +P ammo ran/runs at 1050 fps MV.
Expensive shooting.
 
thanks sunray,


I got them from Reliable gun (vancouver).


yes they are expensive shooting, but I figure if i ever have to pull the trigger on acouple of those the legal fee's will be the expensive part.
 
thanks sunray,


I got them from Reliable gun (vancouver).


yes they are expensive shooting, but I figure if i ever have to pull the trigger on acouple of those the legal fee's will be the expensive part.


Whow would have throught that paper could sue?
 
Back
Top Bottom