Barrel purchase

I know you can order flintlock from the states, but I don't know about pecusssion. The barrel of the percussion is what is registered here. If you find a place to get them, I would like to know too. I picked up a Investarms .45 that could use a new barrel.
 
I know you can order flintlock from the states, but I don't know about pecusssion. The barrel of the percussion is what is registered here. If you find a place to get them, I would like to know too. I picked up a Investarms .45 that could use a new barrel.

I haven't done it yet bu will be shortly. You can order it, get the specifics of the barrel you want and register it in Canada. Then just have it shipped because there are no US export requirements. When it gets to the border, you already have your registration.
 
The bbl is the receiver on a muzzle loader

From a previous Superintendant of Registration (post bill C68) the breach plug and perhaps the barrel of a percussion is the receiver.

Beyond what he said, some guns such as Wesson rifles and the small "boot" pistols do have true frames or receivers so that the barrels on them are immaterial. As Nessy said, in the absence of a breach plug, a barrel is just a barrel and just a spare part and in fact requires a breach plug and in some cases a drum or vent liner to define whether it is flint or percussion

cheers mooncoon
 
I got all of the info prior to bringing it back and had it pre=registered. I then went and picked it up and brought it back. I told the Canadian Customs agent what I had and he asked me if I had a PAL and if I had registered it and then let me go directly home.....no duty or taxes. Firstly, you will pay a huge premium to have a dealer buy it and bring it in so just do it yourself. Secondly.....do it yourself. Dave
 
Numrich will ship ML barrels to Canada, and often have reasonable prices on "deal" barrels. The lady at their export desk might need to be reminded that you are ordering a ML[B barrel and that they are exempt from U.S. export restrictions. Be aware that Numrich now has a $25 surcharge on all export orders.
 
Back
Top Bottom