whats a colt 1892 worth? 41 colt

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
Ok, I am looking to sell my colt when I upgrade to a Webley Target 455/476 some time in the spring.

(dont email me now. i am NOT going to sell it till spring time.)

What is my colt worth? I have two of them and don’t need two.


I am going to sell it with 4 different bullet moulds, 3 molds are lyman other is noname.
Bullet mould handle
250page book on the colt 1892’s
150 new brass and 50 used brass. (real 41 colt)
100 bullets
3 piece dies *(the die's are RCBS )*
And reloading press.
2 holsters
And gun case
And a LOT of new spare N.O.S parts (full parts kit)
s.n on the gun is 11,### also has antique letter.
bore is like new. gun works like new. lock up is like a new gun
gun has 100% new parts inside it. also comes with all the old parts.
and 3 sets of grips
Also all the #’s on the gun are real clear.
also comes with a spare 6 inch and 3.5" barrel (both in vg shape.)
and and spare frame with antique letter.

What do you think this would be worth?
17032_437784895701_657550701_10838388_6470653_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Post it for what it is worth to you, and see if it is worth the same to someone else. I know what I'd pay, but seeing as I'm interested I'm not going to tell you ;-)
 
What's the title of the book that comes with it?

I'll take a guess that three of the molds are Lyman, what is the fourth?

Redding dies set?

Is it a spare cut 3.5" barrel or factory 3"?

The whole package sounds very tempting.
 
What's the title of the book that comes with it?

I'll take a guess that three of the molds are Lyman, what is the fourth?

Redding dies set?

Is it a spare cut 3.5" barrel or factory 3"?

The whole package sounds very tempting.

it's a factory 3" i thought it was a 3.5" (have to check if it's a 41 colt forsure yet.)

yes the 3 molds are lyman and one other is a ?? no name? dont know.

the die's are RCBS got them on ebay 2 months ago.
26267_496147470701_657550701_11237872_6882219_n.jpg



o ya. and the book is called "A Study of Colt’s New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers

1889—1908

By Robert Best
" they sell for 80-150.00
 
I'd say since you're including all the reloading gear it'll be worth more than the parts individually.

So, doing some very frayed and poor mental math....

factoring that webleys are selling for say.... $1100-$1500 for an average one, and the french 1892 sells for $1000 +/- because ammo is "hard to find" for it. This gun itself is say, near par with a webley? It's a smaller caliber, and accessories are more expensive, but those accessories are included, so that's nullified, and the accessories are worth more than usual. So basically you're looking at a similar price to a good quality webley with lots of extra stuff.

Are there enough spare parts to build a second gun with the barrels, frame, spare parts, old parts etc? What would be missing?

What are the holsters and gun case like?
 
I'd say since you're including all the reloading gear it'll be worth more than the parts individually.

So, doing some very frayed and poor mental math....

factoring that webleys are selling for say.... $1100-$1500 for an average one, and the french 1892 sells for $1000 +/- because ammo is "hard to find" for it. This gun itself is say, near par with a webley? It's a smaller caliber, and accessories are more expensive, but those accessories are included, so that's nullified, and the accessories are worth more than usual. So basically you're looking at a similar price to a good quality webley with lots of extra stuff.

Are there enough spare parts to build a second gun with the barrels, frame, spare parts, old parts etc? What would be missing?

What are the holsters and gun case like?

for spare parts there would be enough parts if you wanted to make one in 38 colt. (i have a 38colt barrel and cylinder) the frame has a antique letter. but if you put the 38 parts on it , it would not be antique.

the case is a cheap on that was like 75 bucks at wholesale.

the webley i am looking at buying is 2800.00
 
Whats it worth ???. what someone will pay if you price it to hi it just wont sell.
Looks like you refinished that one and got some nice grips on it to.
I have sold them for $1400 or so when times were good.
A few even more like $1600 if my memory is right.
Yours looks very nice tho my guess would be try $1200 for the gun.
Them Dies are expensive to and go to a gun show Dies sell for as much at gun shows used as i can buy them brand new. Molds seem to sell cheeper but 41 LC molds are hard to find.
My guess is stick $1400 on that it might sell for that as its a nice looking gun as long as it works as good as it looks.
For a person wanting to get into antiques and be able to shoot them as well thats not a bad deal.
If they happen to like 41 Long colt.
 
Last edited:
I have seen the 1892's for $1300 in the EE. I paid $900 for mine, it's very nice.

That's a very good and very hard to find book you have, I paid alot for mine, it's signed by the author too.
 
factoring that webleys are selling for say.... $1100-$1500 for an average one, and the french 1892 sells for $1000 +/- because ammo is "hard to find" for it. This gun itself is say, near par with a webley?

I would respectfully disagree that a .41 Colt 1892 a .455 Webley are near par.
I own both, the Webley is worth more and in my humble opinion it's an overall better gun/caliber in accuracy and to load. Again my opinion as I sure there are some Colt enthusiasts that would argue this point.
 
Last edited:
I would respectfully disagree that a .41 Colt 1892 a .455 Webley are near par.
I own both, the Webley is worth more and in my humble opinion it's an overall better gun/caliber in accuracy and to load. Again my opinion as I sure there are some Colt enthusiats that would are this point.

True, but there are a lot more webleys around in canada, which brings the price down. Also, webleys often sell for far more than the $1000-$1500 price bracket, whereas I have yet to see colts go there. I don't believe that a nice colt would be worth anywhere less than $1200 for sure, so that puts it in the same realm as the webley. I'd say the ceiling for colts is lower than webleys, but the average price for the average colt/webley is *near* the same - IE within say, $200 of each other.
 
so i got some ppl looking to buy the book i have. wells look like they are sold out.. (i know they stoped makeing it in 2005)


From: curtis cand***cknives.com <cnck****nives@hotmail.com>
To: b52**bob@prodigy.net
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 9:15:32 PM
Subject: A Study of Colt’s New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers

do you still have copy's of this book forsale? if so i would like to buy some more..

*******************
HillbillyTactical.ca

________________________________________
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 10:04:11 -0800
From: b52***bob@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: A Study of Colt’s New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers
To: cnckn***ives@hotmail.com
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in my book! I'm sorry to say that both print runs of my book are sold out and I do not have any plans to reprint it in the near future ... Should I decide to reprint my book I will let you know. Thanks again for your interst.

Best Regards,

Bob Best
________________________________________
From: curtis candc***knives.com <cnckn***ives@hotmail.com>
To: b52b***ob@prodigy.net
Sent: Thu, February 25, 2010 3:34:01 PM
Subject: RE: A Study of Colt’s New Army and Navy Pattern Double Action Revolvers

do you have a E-book that you sell? (computer copy) say word doc? or pdf?

*******************
HillbillyTactical.ca

Sorry... No I don't...

Have a Great Evening!
Bob
 
That book is EXCELLENT. I searched for a while until I found one, saw it listed for $125, $150, $180 at a few places but they wouldn't ship it out of the country or had just sold it. I won't say what I paid for mine but it was worth it. I wouldn't let it go for less than $150, that seems to be the average price.
 
Back
Top Bottom