5.56 75g, 77g

I am concerned that my VZ858 does not penetrate. Where can I get some of this TAP stuff? Can I do double taps once I have it?
I don't know what a double tap is but it sounds high speed.

No dude... the only TAP you'll get out of your 858 is the tap-tap of the entire round, case and all, sliding down your barrel and landing on the floor.

Now, what you could do is get yourself a pair of really shinny leather shoes, tack some 1/16th plate to the bottom and double TAP 'till your tapper is busted... now THAT, would be high speed...

:dancingbanana:
 
Last edited:
So I just ordered another case of 5.56 TAP in the states. Woohoo! Gotta stock up when it's available. :D
 
Probably 300-400 dollars

Too high... The last batch that was available was around $240.00 / case. I just bought a case of the 75gr. .223 TAP last week for that price so the 5.56 stuff might be up a bit, say $250.00 / $260...

But P90Puma hit the real question on the head... where can you find it...!?
 
In response to Beltfed:

You don't need to make match quality ammo for carbine practice. I agree that I would for bench rest or precision distance shooting.

But if it goes bang, is consistent, and I get 2-3 MOA out of it in my short ARs (similar performance to mil ammo), then it is fine for my purposes.


2-3 moa would have me looking for a new rifle and/or better ammo, and C77 Ball shoots better than 2-3 moa.
 
In response to Beltfed:

You don't need to make match quality ammo for carbine practice. I agree that I would for bench rest or precision distance shooting.

But if it goes bang, is consistent, and I get 2-3 MOA out of it in my short ARs (similar performance to mil ammo), then it is fine for my purposes.

I hear you, hence the comparitive value of both types. I agree that run of the mill ball ammo should be doing better than 2-3 moa though.
I suppose it depends on your game. The beauty of loading your own, is you can tailor it to what you use it for. So if it is short distance, run and gun with a carbine, you can spend the necessary time to perfect it or not. When you handload, all of the varriables are in your control.
 
Back
Top Bottom