Savage Model 10MLSS .50 Muzzleloader

NDB

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Rocky Mountains
This is an email that's going the rounds.

Quite graphic. :eek:

Check it out

www. downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=11187.0

Apologies if it's already posted somewhere - I did search. ;-)
 
The feared exploding Savage muzzleloader

d:h: Not the feared savage again.... d:h:

My main hunting rifle is a Savage, so I've not got a axe to grind.

If this story has been posted up the ying-yang, then I didn't find it in my search. If not, then it is surely of interest to someone??

... so your point is??
 
It has been posted but I think it was under discussions? Some nasty pics as well. I'd think the shooter double charged it or something.... I also shoot a Savage MLII and have had nothing but good experiences. I didn't mean any disrespect but almost all of the Savage blow-up threads to date have been from the whole Toby Bridges "incident". Every time there's a Savage ML thread everyone bashes Savage but never seems to have any more proof other than "I saw pics on the internet" or "A friend of a guy I know".
 
We need to get used to this as a weekly post. Toby Bridges has succeeded.

BTW - why are these mostly posed here? Is the Savage 10 ML an antique, or is it a blackpowder firearm?
 
Is the Savage 10 ML an antique, or is it a blackpowder firearm?

It's NEITHER....but good point Andy.Personally,I'd like to see here a new sub-forum for the discussion of MLs only,as well as a ML EE.It's bad enough that I have to sift through the modern in-line topics both here and in the EE,but also a whole buncha obscure antique topics,rimfire revolvers,overpriced old cartridge rifles etc. to find anything remotely related to MLs.

Maybe Antiques,BP cartridge,and MLs should be 3 different and seperate sub-forums,both in the discussion and EE forums?I mean,we have black and green sub-forum,main battle rifles,red rifles,milsurp.....why lump everything old and BP together when most modern zipgunners don't even use real BP anyhow,and most(many)MLers have no interest in rimfire revolvers etc.?Personally,I'd be content to only have to read about modern in-line wannabe MLs once in awhile in my quest for traditional ML reading if it meant I didn't have to read another word about rare $5000 BP cartridge rifles and practically useless antique rimfire revolvers.
 
Back
Top Bottom