OUCH - Wal*Mart Fed 525 blue box bulk packs up to $28.50

Mr. Spectacular

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Location
Calgary
Last time I was in a Wal*Mart for any reason they were $21, now the Federal blue box 525 "value" packs are $28!. That's 33%

An interesting note is that the Winchester "333" boxes were still $13.98.

Federal = $0.053 cents/each
Winchester = $0.041 cents/each
 
Local store has most of the good .22 brands at $25 a brick. Blazer, Federal 525 and American Eagle. The price of ammo never fails to disappoint me at most places though. When I started buying my own ammo 5 years ago I could get bricks for $12-14....:(
 
i saw the same thing last night. but that's the only .22 ammo they had other than the birdshot crap. for some reason, our wal-mart carries primarily Winchester. the federal 525 packs are the first Federal ammo i've seen there. the Crappy Tire carries both.

$28.95 for 525 rounds is a better deal than the $29.99 the local gun shop is asking for 500 rounds of American Eagle.
 
22 rimfire ammo is CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE. If you want it cheaper, go to your local gun shop and buy it by the case of 5000. Or better yet, buy a couple of cases.

I will never understand all of the snivelling over the price of 22rf. There just isn't a better deal for shooters of all ages.

If you can't afford an occasional brick of 22rf, you have some serious financial issues.
 
22 rimfire ammo is CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE. If you want it cheaper, go to your local gun shop and buy it by the case of 5000. Or better yet, buy a couple of cases.

I will never understand all of the snivelling over the price of 22rf. There just isn't a better deal for shooters of all ages.

If you can't afford an occasional brick of 22rf, you have some serious financial issues.

Given the fact if has doubled in price over the last few years I think it's ok to #####. No one is talking about being too poor to buy it.
 
22 rimfire ammo is CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE. If you want it cheaper, go to your local gun shop and buy it by the case of 5000. Or better yet, buy a couple of cases.

I will never understand all of the snivelling over the price of 22rf. There just isn't a better deal for shooters of all ages.

If you can't afford an occasional brick of 22rf, you have some serious financial issues.

and at what price will you start snivelling over the price of 22rf:rolleyes:
 
When it starts to cost $100/box/500, I might start to get concerned. I am constantly amazed that they can manufacture, distribute and make a profit at the prices they charge for some very decent product. The 22rf we have today, is a marvel, compared to the stuff from even 20 years ago. You boys need your allowances raised.
 
I still get them from sorta local gunshop for 21 bucks a brick.I buy a case everytime i make the trip down there.:)
 
i just bought 4 bricks of dirty bird on clearance from cambodian tire for 5$ each. Cheapest i ever seen. And yes i bought all they had.
 
When it starts to cost $100/box/500, I might start to get concerned. I am constantly amazed that they can manufacture, distribute and make a profit at the prices they charge for some very decent product. The 22rf we have today, is a marvel, compared to the stuff from even 20 years ago. You boys need your allowances raised.


why would I be happy to pay double the price to shoot half the ammo? (two boxes of 525 at 15 each compared to one at 30)

a few years ago, a case of .223 was 200 bucks flat for 1000, now its 500+. I suppose I should just eat that to and raise my allowance?

i do care, because saving money on ammo goes towards other things such as new tires for my sportbike, or doing other crap.
 
22 rimfire ammo is CHEAP AT TWICE THE PRICE. If you want it cheaper, go to your local gun shop and buy it by the case of 5000. Or better yet, buy a couple of cases.

I will never understand all of the snivelling over the price of 22rf. There just isn't a better deal for shooters of all ages.

If you can't afford an occasional brick of 22rf, you have some serious financial issues.

Did I or anyone else in this thread verbally complain about the cost of .22? I stated that the price went up by 33%.

Are you okay with everything you use going up by 33%?
 
Considering the cost of fuel to deliver, increasing wages, increasing costs of materials, why would it come as a surprise? I don't like the cost going up any more than anyone else but you have to look at the circumstances all around.
 
Back
Top Bottom