Need reloading Info on 7.5 1882 swiss Revolver

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
I just got a beautifull Swiss 1882 Revolver because of a freinds keen eyes and im keeping this beauty.
I know Hornady makes Dies for the 7.5 Swiss Revolver where do you buy them?
Where do you buy Brass Bullets ect.
I never loaded this Cartridge before.
I got a box of orignal 7.5 swiss ammo but its collector stuff even tho its minty i dont want to shoot it.
Serial number is in the 500s so a very early gun.
My freind has and even nicer one he wants me to list in the EE for him it has its orignal holster and the gun is 99.5 % Mint finish mint bore just a beauty.

I want to keep mine and shoot it so i need Dies Brass bullets...

Info would be great :)

This it the perfect holster for Bush packing with the shoulder strap you can spin the gun around behind you fast like a hool o hoop LOL

P1010005_09.jpg


P1010002_09.jpg
 
Springfield Minuteman has dies, will ship to Canada . just ordered a set . .312 bullets are supposed to work . cut down 32-20 brass . have not tried yet , my dies in mail . cheers Frank
 
i have a swedish nagant in 7.5 . 32-20 rim fits fine in mine , after cut to lenght .32-20 brass i think is a lot cheaper .

I have some 32 20 brass somewhewre and a very nice Lathe.
i just wanted to know which brass was Close.
So thanks 32 20 it is.

Where can i buy a few boxes of 7.5 Fiochhi in B.C ? That would give me fun shootin + 100 Cases.
 
Dingus european arms in B.C. is the Canadian distributor for fiocchi .Last time i spoke to them they where out of the 7.5 swiss but they had an order comming from the factory . it must be in by now .
 
Thanks for all the Tips and help with this.
There great little revolvers i see why people make such a fuss over them. :)
 
Very nice gun indeed! It kind of reminds me of my French 1892 Lebels I have (all 3 of them, lol!). The frame has many common features and the shape is very reminiscent of the 1892 as well.. although this one doesn't have a swing out cylinder.

I always wondered if it's better to have a swing out cylinder or a true solid frame gun and I'm kind of divided; As far as frame toughness is concerned, I think yours would definitely beat the 1892 (therefore it should be much safer to shoot). However, when loading speed comes into play, the 1892 is king. A hard choice indeed... I guess I'll have to get one of those Swiss beauties to find out first hand, haha :D

As far as the cartridges are concerned, I can give you the so called perfect load for my 1892 Lebel revolver (as far as an old reloading book is concerned - I haven't tested it yet myself, but have the cartridges already made and waiting for the next range trip):

.328 110gr cast RN bullet
3.4 gr of Unique
32-20 brass cut down to proper size and ran through the special expanding die.

I bought the dies from "Buffalo Arms" for an arm, a leg and a deed for my soul... but they do work quite well though, so I'm not complaining. I guess the 7.5 Swiss would be very similar to this and build roughly to support the same pressures. Have fun with your new toy... and if you ever decide to sell the entire kit.. then please send me a PM, as I might be in the market for one.

:cheers:
 
the swiss M1882 revolver comes in at a very close second for reloading speed .
[youtube]VwzBVrlvmio[/youtube]
 
Ya gota Love Utube theres lotsa Antique guns on there.

Good to post that Thanks!
I think a French 1882 would be alot faster with a speed loader. But by hand only the unloading process would be faster.

I have had both guns and my money is on the swiss gun being better overall.
 
The swiss revolvers are the most well made guns ive seen.
Still looking for some more ammo to shoot...
 
Back
Top Bottom