muzzleloading sharps?

kevin.303

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
Dog River SK
whats available for reproductions of the paper cartridge/ muzzleloading versions of the Sharps? i've seen one or two inthe EE for a reasonable price, but can't find much searching the net. i'm between muzzleloaders and would rather go this route then a modern inline, they just don't do it for me.
 
They are (have been?) made, both in Italy and in the US.
While they don't use metallic cartridges, they aren't muzzleloaders. You would have to check your provincial games regs. to see if one qualifies for the muzzleloading seasons. I would doubt it.
 
Heres a pic of mine.Bottom rifle,Shiloh,54 cal, sporting rifle,half oct barrel

HPIM0573.jpg
 
The Sharps '59 and '63 are breechloaders and can be loaded with loose BP or paper cartridges, and Shiloh Sharps of Montana make a beautiful reproduction, I don't believe you would be allowed to use them in ML season. The Gallagher and it's repros. are the same type of breechloader.
 
The regs state that it must be loaded from the muzzle. I too don't care for the inlines and went with a Lyman Trade rifle in .54, but if money hadn't been an issue I would have looked at a .58 Bess. They would be great to play around with.
 
Back
Top Bottom