SAA COLT Custom Elk Grips (Pics)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
My Custom Elk grips came the other day for my Orignal Antique SAA Colt.
They were made without me sending a template so i needed to do some Fitting.
The guy i use is Ex he takes awhile but does great work.
Best to make a Template as each Orignal gun is Slightly diffrent depending how many skulls the Grip frame has bashed in or nails driven into wood Ect.
www.sackpeterson.com Bill Peterson is the guy i use.
$135 US includeing shipping.
I have 3 sets of his grips. two for my Remy 1875s and this set for my Sweet Keeper Colt.

The Colt is a numbers matching gun set up with a minty bored Christy Barrel the gun is a perscribed Antique in 44 Sp.
I love the Hardwood case this came with to.


P1010040_05.jpg


P1010046_02.jpg


P1010047_02.jpg


P1010042_05.jpg
 
Beautiful revolver Dingus. I have a question as I am due for some edification :redface:

Is 44 special not a modern cartridge(1907)? As such is this particular handgun fitted with a modern cylinder, barrel or was it's original chambering designed for something like 44 russian(which I understand to be a shortened version of 44 special)?
 
44 Special is not on the No list.
The only 44 Caliber the guns cant be is 44 40 Winchester any other 44 caliber is OK.
They made orignal SAA Colts in 44 Russian tho there very rare.
Christy a US Barrel maker customized a bunch of SAA Antique pre 1898 Colts to 44 Sp useing his barrels (mine has a christy marked Barrel)

44 Sp was factory loaded almost the same as 44 Russian thats why the 44 Sp got such a bad Rap when it frist came out.
Handloaded the 44 Sp is one of the best cartridges out there. :)
 
Oh man, Dingus. Just when I think I can stop spending money, you show another gorgeous reason for another round of spending. Gorgeous grips! Now I'm thinking I need some for my Colt SAA. I'll try to fight the temptation off for a few weeks at least.
 
Oh man, Dingus. Just when I think I can stop spending money, you show another gorgeous reason for another round of spending. Gorgeous grips! Now I'm thinking I need some for my Colt SAA. I'll try to fight the temptation off for a few weeks at least.

Your gun would look great in a set of theses grips eh.
Tho there abit slippery compared to Colt black rubber there about the same feel as ivory grips but alot cheeper.

I should mention the pics dont show the grips off well at all they have a more sheen to them with diffrent colours comeing up in places.
I cant stop fondleing it :)
 
Back
Top Bottom