30-06 surplus ammo?

Unless you can get a LOT for cheap (like we get 7.62x39 at the moment), shooting surplus is not really worth it and really only hold collectible or novelty value. Like mentioned above, bulk commercial and reloading is your best bet.
 
Any surplus 30.06 ammo is probably old and half of it is corrosive, and its not that great of a price from what I've seen. I've been doing home loads for years in this caliber. Waaaaayyyyy cheaper and better performance.

Its not the caliber to have if you want to shoot off hundreds of rounds like 7.62x39. I like 30.06 , it is my best/most used hunting round, but I picked up an SKS for fun with noise, smoke, and things blowing up in the gravel pit.
 
Any surplus 30.06 ammo is probably old and half of it is corrosive, and its not that great of a price from what I've seen. I've been doing home loads for years in this caliber. Waaaaayyyyy cheaper and better performance.

Its not the caliber to have if you want to shoot off hundreds of rounds like 7.62x39. I like 30.06 , it is my best/most used hunting round, but I picked up an SKS for fun with noise, smoke, and things blowing up in the gravel pit.

I too like my M1 for blowing things up in the gravel pit but at wee bit longer range.:shotgun:
 
Back
Top Bottom