Holy crap ammo has doubled in price since I last bought it.

500grhollowpoint

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow, went to Wal-mart last night and 500 22LR was $28? Last time I bought about 4 boxes, so it lasted me a couple of years, it was $16! Is this what it's going for now? I don't buty any other ammo, I reload it, but that seems a bit much to me?
 
Wow, went to Wal-mart last night and 500 22LR was $28? Last time I bought about 4 boxes, so it lasted me a couple of years, it was $16! Is this what it's going for now? I don't buty any other ammo, I reload it, but that seems a bit much to me?

2000 rounds of 22lr lasted you a couple years?

Shame on you. You REALLY need to shoot more often.:p
 
Last edited:
I picked up a couple cases of Federal 22LR from Wholesale Sports in Edmonton a few weeks ago. Boxes of 525 was 20 bucks, or 200 bucks per case of 5250 rnds.

I wasn't overly impressed with the price, but cheaper than WM and i needed a pile for the cabin this year. I'm good for a few years.

The price of ammo started to jump just over a year ago. I noticed when the prices started to climb, that places like Canadian Tire and WalleyMart had old price stickers still on the product. I went to every store in town and bought every thing they had that was useful to me. Stuff has doubled in price since. It was a good investment.
 
Boxes of 525 was 20 bucks, or 200 bucks per case of 5250 rnds.

I got a boxes of winchester 22 HV HP yesterday for 20.77.... ... I was happy with that price as most other stuff is 25+ per 500
 
I bought a box of 303 british at Wal-Mart a few years ago for 14.50 , about 8 months later I decided to buy another box. They were up to $24.00. It was then that I bought a RCBS Die on Ebay for $17.00 and have been enjoying the ammo prices since. They are now at only $26.00 at Wal-Mart
 
Saw the writing on the wall three years ago and bought 10K rounds of 22s on sale at $10 a brick. I remember the cashier thought I was nutz, made me feel kinda awkward about having a cart full of ammo, saying something about starting a war...whatever. I don't feel that way right now with 5K still in the safe.:) I clearly don't have enough even to start a heated argument:p
 
Back
Top Bottom