x39 ammo price

gooki

Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Mississauga
I'm interested in what x39 ammo goes for. Not surplus or reloaded.

What's the break point when reloading is not worth your time and new is just easier to buy for a few bucks more.
 
$.75-$1.00 a round for commercial soft point. You might be able to find older Norinco non-corrosive for $.40-$.50 a round.

I'd much rather spend $.18 a piece on surplus.
 
ok that's pretty expensive, the reason I'm asking is that i just got back from overseas and was talking to a manufacturer that can offer me a very good price but i have to take 1,000,000 rounds
 
Non-corrosive ball isn't worth much of a premium over surplus to me. Others will fall all over it.

You'd have to be selling new, non-corrosive ball ammo for $300/1000 or less before I'd buy any.
 
I just spoke with Fiocchi about an order of 7.62x39 and I guess Fiocchi is prohibited from exporting this from the US...military caliber. I'd grab this if its available as that's a good price.

Ryan

Epps has Fiocchi reloadable brass cased fmj for 12.59 a box if you take 10 boxes or more.
 
I'm paying about $170 per case of 1120 rounds corrosive surplus, when i can bulk buy. The only other rounds I would buy are 123 gr soft points for hunting, which are going for about 18-20 bucks/box 20. If the soft points are a good deal and I like the way they shoot, I could be in for 400-600 rounds.
 
"...have to take 1,000,000 rounds..." Vast amount of government paperwork and approvals required.
"...when reloading is not worth your time..." Reloading is always worth your time if you want ammo that is tailored for your rifle. If you don't reload, you have to try a box of as many brands as you can to find the ammo your rifle shoots best.
 
I'm paying about $170 per case of 1120 rounds corrosive surplus, when i can bulk buy. The only other rounds I would buy are 123 gr soft points for hunting, which are going for about 18-20 bucks/box 20. If the soft points are a good deal and I like the way they shoot, I could be in for 400-600 rounds.

I see you are in Edmonton.....where are you getting it for that cheap?
 
I see you are in Edmonton.....where are you getting it for that cheap?

Milarm, where else. If you bought your rifle there, you get a discount. but I thought it was 180. Oh well, I usually wait and buy it during a gun show. Milarm always drops the price then, last Aug it was $140. I know others have a vested interest in other stores, horror stories about service there, but I have been going there for years and they are always accommodating and approachable. Being ex-infantry, my sense of humour is much the same as theirs and I am not as easily offended by a biting comment as some.
 
Back
Top Bottom