I'm hoping that someone can help me with a long time search - for ammunition (or brass) for a sweet old rifle that my Father has owned since he inherited it from his father 40 years ago.Dad will turn 93 this year and remembers when his uncle took the gun out moose hunting when he was a kid and came back with no shells left.
It hasn't been fired since! It's a beautiful old piece with some brass insets and a french walnut stock (almost like burl wood). I believe it is a model 1876, it is definitely 50 cal., and is a classic lever action, just like in the movies!
If you could help me locate some ammunition for it, I would so love to be able to give that to him and maybe even be able to fire it with him - I just know he would be so tickled!
Thanks for your input.
It hasn't been fired since! It's a beautiful old piece with some brass insets and a french walnut stock (almost like burl wood). I believe it is a model 1876, it is definitely 50 cal., and is a classic lever action, just like in the movies!
If you could help me locate some ammunition for it, I would so love to be able to give that to him and maybe even be able to fire it with him - I just know he would be so tickled!
Thanks for your input.


















































