50 Caliber Hand canon LOL (pic)

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
Well i got one of the nicer belgian 50 caliber handguns.
This one has nice shiney chambers and a great bore.
Looks like a good one to fully restore as its engraved so was a higher end gun + the 500 Webley Cartridge shooting guns are expensive.
I think this one im gona keep at least for awhile.
Its a Big handgun.
i think redone with a blue black finish it would be a nice keeper or i might leave it as is.
thats a 5.5 inch barrel.
its got the pre 1893 belgian proof on the back of the cylinder.
has "British constabulary" on the top strap.
thats not pitting in the picture but nice engraveing.
Its like a very big RIC


britconthumbnail.jpg


britcon.gif
 
I gotta imagine this the 1890's version of a modern Dersert Eagle in 50AE.
Scares the bad guys, impresses the girls without a single shot fired but when it comes down to it, terribly unpracticle for any legitimate work owing to size and any thought of more than one follow up shot being on target. :)
 
I think the cartridge is a 12mm. I also think you can make the shells from .50 cal S&W shells although it is a challenge so far finding a source of those shells. I got lucky at the last Duncan gun show and picked up a mold for a 300 grain bullet that should fit the gun.

cheers mooncoon
 
If you want to keep it's value, keep the aged patina.. Do not mess with "blueing" as this might have been "brown" in it's early days, anyways.

Nice rig.
 
I think the cartridge is a 12mm. I also think you can make the shells from .50 cal S&W shells although it is a challenge so far finding a source of those shells. I got lucky at the last Duncan gun show and picked up a mold for a 300 grain bullet that should fit the gun.

cheers mooncoon

There were a bunch of theses made for the 500 Webley cartridge im pretty sure this is one of them because it was made to sell to the british who didnt use 12 MM ammo.
But i will know more once i have it and can really go over it.
Bullets will be a hard to find no doubt and i bet they were heeled bullets to.
I can alter a cheep lee mold to make a heeled bullet iwould like to see your mold tho Doug as it sounds perfect for my 50 70 Remington RB Pistol :).

I will most likely not refinish it.
 
you can get 50 cal brass from higginson powders I called the other day and got 50 s&w dies and brass also 50 cal hollow base mold I'm going to try, rather than a heal bullet
higginson powders 2708 hawkesbury,on k6A 2R2
hope this helps will let know how it works out in couple wks.
 
Great find buddy! Make sure to post some more pics once you get the gun!

Yes i will do that for sure. i want to get pics looking at it from the front with another 44 caliber gun next to it.
thats the only way to get a idea of its size.
 
Back
Top Bottom