buying inert components in US

bearhunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Location
okanogan
I know that this has been asked before. What is the BATF stance on inert components? Is it legal for me to go to the US, buy them and bring them back? I'm talking cases and bullets only. Is there a quantity limit on components if it is legal?

A simple yes or no will suffice and be much appreciated. :)
 
You must export through a US licenced exporter and you can't file the US export paperwork yourself.

I bought lead shot, no problems, except gst.

Read other posts, I'm not going into detail here again. Canada doesn't care what you IMPORT. It is the US EXPORT regulations that are draconian. If you are caught in a US export check (they DO have them) then you WILL be banned for life from ever entering the US again.
 
"...Is it legal for me to go to the US, buy them and bring them back?..." No. No exporting components without the U.S. export permit.
"...What is the BATF..." They don't care one way or the other. Dealing with exports of anything isn't their job.
 
Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. They enforce the firearms regs in the US, to my knowledge.
Thanks for the answers. I know there are a lot of threads on this, I was just looking for a quick answer. I appreciate your time.
 
Back
Top Bottom