Shotgun Shells

These things will sell like crazy.

I mean come on, if you put 1 1/4 oz of #4 inside a yellow hull it doesn't look as tactical as these black hulls. Therefore these will kill a person better then the yellow.

It's marketing. I bet these things are a couple of bucks a pop too.

I think sometimes people forget that at a distance of 5 feet 1oz of #9's will kill just as dead as 8 pellets of 000 buck. Yet probably won't go through the drywall.
 
I think it's designed to defend against homes. Is that what they mean by home invasion? Maybe it's a spelling error. It should be for "hommie" defence. Protection in the ghetto.

Classic.:cool:

I think sometimes people forget that at a distance of 5 feet 1oz of #9's will kill just as dead as 8 pellets of 000 buck. Yet probably won't go through the drywall.

Exactly. At in home ranges there is no shot string. The wad and shot are essentially a slug still. Can't remember how many poplar trees us kids "chopped" down with our shotguns using el-cheepo loads of #4's. But hey, if Remington is smart enough to load a black hull (ooh tactical) and print Home Defence on it they will sell millions of boxes of them. I have Remington home defence ammo too. "Reduced Recoil 00 Buck 8 Pellets". And I quote "Your honor I truly believed these lighter loads would only hurt the intruder until the police got here to save us. That's why I didn't buy those evil "Federal Tactical 00 Buck" loads because that's what police use and they are just way too powerful for civilians."

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!;)
 
There's a lot of ammo with "home defence" or "personal defence" It's made for countries that you are allowed to defend you family your life and you property.
 
There's a lot of ammo with "home defence" or "personal defence" It's made for countries that you are allowed to defend you family your life and you property.

might not be allowed, but aint no punk commin in hurtin my family or property or life in anyway, cant get em in the house ill get em goin across the yard with the 30-06 ;)
 
I doubt the ammunition itself was designed, tested, etc for use on human beings. My guess is that it was simply re-packaged that way. But since it's painted black and called "home defence" I bet they charge a lot more for it.
 
I think it's designed to defend against homes. Is that what they mean by home invasion? Maybe it's a spelling error. It should be for "hommie" defence. Protection in the ghetto.

HAHA I can't stop laughing about the name being mis-spelled label on the box. ha:

Maybe the high brass will propel the shot cup faster, and with that extra speed people can get hurt worse with that !:p

I don't get why people get tricked into buy this type of stuff in the first place. It's as if 1 1/8 oz of lead in .30 cal balls flying at 1000fps will do any different result on a two legged critter. Maybe the possibility of having harder lead balls and buffer is worth the cost for some people....:(
 
In a free world, you can use your guns as you see fit. If someone enters your home and intends harm against your person, family or property, you may defend yourself. There are many types of ammunition made for this purpose.
 
Back
Top Bottom