Winchester PDX1 Defensive Ammo

Plenty of distributors of Winchester ammunition in Canada. Talk to your favourite gun shop. I am slightly interested in the 12g version of that ammo. I imagine it will be pretty expensive for what is essentially a gimmick though.
 
Another gimmick. If you had only a .410 and an intruder is coming towards you, shooting them in the face will work no matter what the load is. Everyone is always selling the "shoots through thick clothing" spin. In close quarters like my home, it's gonna be a head shot no matter what gun I have in my hands. 'nuff said.
 
Another gimmick. If you had only a .410 and an intruder is coming towards you, shooting them in the face will work no matter what the load is. Everyone is always selling the "shoots through thick clothing" spin. In close quarters like my home, it's gonna be a head shot no matter what gun I have in my hands. 'nuff said.

A pellet gun will go through clothing at close range.

I have never understood the "stopping power" argument.
Like you a head shot is pretty effective. I don't care who you are, if I shoot you in the face you're going down hard.
 
It's a gimmick; the .410 is simply not an appropriate choice for personal defence. I would consider a 20 gauge to be the minimum for recoil sensitive shooters, but a 12 gauge is preferred due to a better selection of buckshot being available.
 
It's a gimmick; the .410 is simply not an appropriate choice for personal defence. I would consider a 20 gauge to be the minimum for recoil sensitive shooters, but a 12 gauge is preferred due to a better selection of buckshot being available.

I agree with you on the 20 and 12 gauge. This is for a snakeslayer 410/ 45long colt I ordered and thought it would fit better in the small safe in the bedroom:)
 
Nothing wrong with a 20 guage.
I would probably prefer my 20 over my 12 in a defence situation.
That is indeed what I prefer.:p
 
12 gauge

i think a 12 gauge would stop most people in a home defense situation regardless of the load.... i only have 2 3/4 #4 birdshot and would feel confident it stop an intruder.
 
It was specially designed for a handgun we cant even have, And in my mind the Taurus Judge looks like a pretty wicked defense gun, I'v heard alot of people use them in the southern states for snakes and such.
 
It was specially designed for a handgun we cant even have, And in my mind the Taurus Judge looks like a pretty wicked defense gun, I'v heard alot of people use them in the southern states for snakes and such.

We get the Judges....and the Snake Slayers....and hopefully soon the Raging Judge. We even have good smiths who can cut them to 4.2 for us......we can't get the snubbies, but hey...not yet anyways...lol...;)

Still fun to have just for grins. Just like hollowpoint 9mm, .40 or .45.....for paper....no better than anything else....just for 'grins'
 
It's a gimmick; the .410 is simply not an appropriate choice for personal defence. I would consider a 20 gauge to be the minimum for recoil sensitive shooters, but a 12 gauge is preferred due to a better selection of buckshot being available.


I agree and disagree... The .410 is plenty powerful for personal defence, in a home intrusion circumstance. The ammo seems like a gimmick but wtf, if you don't want just a slug in fear that your nerves will make you miss, give it a try. I guarantee no one would be standing after a shot of .410 slug or bird shot in the face or chest. Heck, even a shot at any of the limbs will drop the person and give you enough time to walk over to them and pop another round in the teeth. My grandfather and all my uncles have dropped countless deer with .410 slugs at close range. I've personally used .410 on grouse and duck and had better luck then some of my buddies with the big 12s. Having said that I do have a few 12s too...

A little .410 pump with a mixed bag of slug, bird shot, slug, bird shot would be a potent defence weapon to add to the arsenal of freedom.

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers!!
 
I picked up some of the PDX1 12 at P&D in Edmonton... not sure if they had the 410

And I think the PDX1 12 was about $16 or $18 for 12...
 
We can get a .410 snake slayer in Canada:

http://w ww.wolverinesupplies.com/default.asp?Pg=8&do=3&mcid=1&scid=26&pid=1511


It was specially designed for a handgun we cant even have, And in my mind the Taurus Judge looks like a pretty wicked defense gun, I'v heard alot of people use them in the southern states for snakes and such.
 
I saw the .410 PDX1 in Wolverine Guns & Tackle in Red Deer about 2 months ago (NOT Wolverine Supplies in Virden, Man; thought they may well have it).
 
Out of a Judge Public Defender it wrecks 4L plastic milk jugs nicely at 10 yards.....but it will not get a coyote at 25 yards, go figure. Forget pheasants and grouse too. ;)

It is a close range round, just as advertised. Doesn't group worth a damn beyond 10 yards. Still fun though, and a different round to talk about the range.
 
Back
Top Bottom