Prvi Partizan Ammo?

Jeff000

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 94.4%
17   1   0
Location
Edmonton
Anyone know much about this stuff?
My 22-250 seems to like it, and its cheap. Is it good for gophers still? Its SP bullets. It is noticeably louder to shoot then the rem white box and hornady that I normally shoot.
 
Mil Arm, They had quite a bit of it in 22-250. I bought 2 boxes of 45gr and 2 of 50 gr. Kinda wish I bought it all.
Whats a flash hole?

I do hope to reload over the winter, right now I am just keeping brass. I don't particularly notice a difference in the brass beside the fact its not as polished. What makes it reload nicer?
 
It should work just fine on gophers, it just won't be as explosive as a hollow point. Its probably got more penetration ability being a soft point, and should be good for larger animals.
 
It should work just fine on gophers, it just won't be as explosive as a hollow point. Its probably got more penetration ability being a soft point, and should be good for larger animals.

On that note will I need to worry about it not expanding fast enough on a gopher leading to ricochet? I do like the mist factor the vmax and whitebox HP give.

I will be trying to get a couple of coyotes on a buddies farm tonight, I was going to use my normal V-max for it, but if the SP is better for larger animals I'll try one of these on it.
 
On that note will I need to worry about it not expanding fast enough on a gopher leading to ricochet? I do like the mist factor the vmax and whitebox HP give.

I will be trying to get a couple of coyotes on a buddies farm tonight, I was going to use my normal V-max for it, but if the SP is better for larger animals I'll try one of these on it.

Just be sure of your target and what is beyond and you don't have to worry about ricochets. IE - Don't shoot a hog that is standing in front of a large rock.

I like to shoot V-Max for yotes. It doesn't come out the other side making for a nicer hide.
 
So if the flash hole is a little small can they still be reloaded?

Just be sure of your target and what is beyond and you don't have to worry about ricochets. IE - Don't shoot a hog that is standing in front of a large rock.

I like to shoot V-Max for yotes. It doesn't come out the other side making for a nicer hide.

Will the dirt ricochet this ammo though?
I know when buddies are shooting gophers with things like 30-06 or 7mm or other rounds that pass through a gopher without much fuss you can hear the wizz of a ricochet off the dirt/grass behind gophers.


Tried the Prvi on 3 coyotes last night. 50gr.
Hit the first ~150 meters out mid body on an angle towards its front leg, did not exit and it dropped in its tracks, this is the first hit on a yote at this angle, seems it would damn near get both lungs and the heart, so not sure if a vmax would have done the same damage.
second yote I hit about 100 meters out as it was facing me slightly high center chest, not sure if it exited, took a second shot that hit its shoulder area and it fell then, left a devastating wound, looked very much like a vmax.
third was close, probably 50 meters, almost too close for my scope. hit this one similar angle to the first, but this time it left an exit wound an it ran for about at long as it took me to cycle the bolt for another round and get it back in my sights when it just kind of stopped. Again very devastating entrance.

I'm excited to try these on a gopher or 20.
 
I can't speak about other calibers, but the 7.62x39 is awesome ammo. 100 yards on a rest I was touching holes again and again. Here is a 5 shot group from last weekend with my Girlfriend's CZ527 bolt action carbine:


IMG_0406.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom