interchangeability for .35 Marlin

j_san

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Location
Simcoe County
After hearing mixed opinions on safe interchangeability for a cartridge in use of a .35 Lever action Marlin, I'm stumped.
I have looked it up in a few books, and there has been one or no listing for .35 Marlin. I have found, however... .35 Remington.
I have been told its safe to use, and also that its not safe to use, as the neck is much different.
I would like to know for once and all, if the .35 rem is safe for use in this rifle.
Any feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks
 
"...35 Marlin..." No such thing. It's chambered in .35 Remington. The chambering should be stamped on the barrel.

Alot of older guns are stamped with things like .44-40 Rem or .44-40 Marlin even though they are chambered in .44 WCF. Companies didn't like putting their competitors names on their rifles. I have seen a Marlin marked .35Marlin even though it in fact is a .35 Remington.That being said there are alot of rifles out there that are stamped with all sorts of funny things, check with a gunsmith before firing it.
 
Back
Top Bottom