Light ball vs heavy ball : 7.62x54 R

fiddler

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
Edmonton
I've heard different variations of which ammo was used for what gun (Mosin, SVT, ect). Is there a general consensus of what the 150 gr vs the 180gr (182gr) was used for in what rifle?

Looked at a lot of google sites, but its not jumping out at me.
 
LPS - steel inside wight 9,65 g, at the muzzle 870 m/s
D - Heavy ball lead inside wight 11,98 g




Finland
D166 - 12,96 g, at the muzzle 700 m/s
 
Fiddler's by-line

Love your by-line, Fiddler. BTW, I recently got a really bad sunburn on my thighs and legs, and ###### was gear at keeping the sheets off my legs.
 
LPS - steel inside wight 9,65 g, at the muzzle 870 m/s
D - Heavy ball lead inside wight 11,98 g




Finland
D166 - 12,96 g, at the muzzle 700 m/s

Novosibirsk ammo SP is 13 grams it would make it 200 grains
I can see that you post 9,65(150 gr) and 11,98(180 gr) what country was that produced ?
 
Novosibirsk ammo SP is 13 grams it would make it 200 grains
I can see that you post 9,65(150 gr) and 11,98(180 gr) what country was that produced ?


I think it was 151gr/Bosnian, and 182gr/Czec.

I'm just curious as to what the rear sight graduations are calibrated for which ammo? on which rifle, being SVT and MN91/30?
 
I got it from PKM and the Tank PK manual, common Warsaw Pact, cant remember I was translating it from one of my books, It could be in Russian, Czech or Polish. I will find the book again today and will post more discriptions
 
Back
Top Bottom