308 ammo marstar

Asking Marstar to predict when shipments will arrive usually results in snippy comments from various folk. Short answer is you'll know the moment John has it in his shop.
 
I've never seen it in stock, ever.


Most NATO countries, per UN protocol, are destroying any .308 surplus... If they have any to begin with, that is...
 
hmmm, GO UN. Who let them in anyways lol. So, anyone know of cheeper stuff for plinking? I get bord of the sks and .22. I was getting some stuff for 18 bucks a box but shes all dried up
 
yeah. Im starting to notice that. Anyone have any idea where one could get ammo for decent ($18-$20) a box. prefer 150gr for the most part, aparently runing heavier stuff on a weekly basis is not good for an M305. Sorry if Im picking at a sore topic, Im new to cgn and have been an active shooter since december. so, im a little new.
cheers
 
As the world sits right now, your best bet is to invest in a reloading set up and learn to load your own. Thier is NO "cheap" .308/7.62 entering country anytime soon.
 
200 rounds of Federal blue box .308 150gr SP - 201.00 ~

500 rounds American Eagle .308 150gr FMJ - 475.00 ~

This is what I recently paid, includes taxes

edit, did not buy from Marstar
 
ya, do tell. Ive been looking for it and have come up empty. Ctire is fresh out of any and ALL .308. I was shown a list with 20 brands/calibers that they have discontinued due to lack of availibility. two brands of 30-06 and .223 were on that list...scary
 
+1 on reloading. At the prices that the South African 7.62 went for when it was last readily available, you would be just as well to reload and make better ammo for less.
 
"...best bet is to invest in a reloading set up..." Yep. Makes the endless search for ammo go away and you'll be using better ammo.
 
Hey all, new to CGN. I've been watching marstar and see that it is still out of .308. Anyone know if/when they will be getting more?

Don't bet on any great priced "bulk" or "surplus" .308 any time soon...

...if you don't want to get into reloading, I would suggest you find the best prices you can and buy at least 1 box with every paycheck.

It adds up fast and it's easier to ignore paying 75-90¢ per round when you are spending between 15-$18 per week as opposed to 750-$900 for a thousand. It ends up costing the same in the end but it doesn't seem to "hurt" as much! ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom