Just arrived from IMA

Steppenwolf

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
This is a parts rifle from IMA. I had kicked around the idea of buying one of the $495 1837 Brunswick Rifles from IMA but I have been leary because of some of the guns I have seen from there lately. I decided to get one of the broken parts guns for $125, I could splice a butt on it and pick up a trigger guard and buttplate. All I had to lose was $175, $125 plus shipping. I was most happy when I unwrapped this one today:)
dscf0018a.png

dscf0019a.png

dscf0020a.png

dscf0021a.png

dscf0022a.png

I cleaned most of the crap off it this afternoon and ordered the triggerguard and buttplate. For the life of me I can't get the ramrod out. Next up is a trip to Windsor Plywood to hunt up some walnut. More to follow.

Cheers
 
Looks great!!!
I myself have been thinking about getting one of those brunswicks, there handsome rifles.

I have a 53 enfield coming from them--- should be here anyday now depending on Canada post...God I hope they are not slam dancing on the poor thing,
I have had alot of good experiences so far with 2 bayonets and various bits of accoutrements.

Mr Cranmer runs a class buisness, a week after I bought my rifle they offered a special on them 100$$ less then what I paid so throwing caution to the wind I emailed him politely seeking maybe a store credit or some other tidbits expecting nothing.

He replied to me personally that he was sending me a copy of the dvd treasure is where you find it and a signed copy of his laminated book:eek:

I was floored...Most buisness here in Canada and the U.S wouldent give a rats ass.

Needless to say he will be getting more of my buisness.
 
Well I have cleaned the pieces and the metal is in very good condition. The fore stock is toast. I will be making a stock from scratch. I have a piece of maple that I will attempt to make a stock from. Here is a photo of the new stock, which I cut out yesterday, and the fore stock. First up the ramrod hole. This build may take me a while:)
dscf0041r.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not sure if it will be of use to you or not, but I documented the restoration of my P1837, though I got a full untouched, not a parts gun. It still required a fair bit of work, but the result is very nice.

h t t p://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=23840

End result:

DSCN1912.jpg
 
Inleting is tough the first time if you don't know how to do it ;) I covered it fairly well in the thread, along with some other potentially useful tidbits :)

How about a pic or two of your progress?
 
Back
Top Bottom