everybody in my gang uses 180's and they make a mess as is, im not goin with anything lighter cause from what i seen they just blow up. i MIGHT consider a 165 or 168 but i want the ultra bonded...ir the bronze points i forgot i was lookin at the pretty hard, my cousin uses 180 grain accubonds and they flatten em fast...but i had bad experience with winchester so i won't use them.
so either the ultra bonded or bronze points id like some feedback on both of em, thankks guys!
I don't know what you are doing with the rounds that they blow up!! I use 150gn in Hornady bullets in my .30-06 and each and every deer came home with me this year. My wife uses a 100gn Federal Powershock in her .243 and she lost no meat this year on any of her three deer. I also used 125gn 7.62x39mm Prvi Partisan bullets in my Remington 799 last year and each was a through and through even at ranges over 175yds. No explosions, no lost animals, just respectable wound tracts and jellied organs. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with light, "cheap" bullets. They get the job done and do it well enough for me. I have found that the same type of people who have to shoot "heavy for calibre" bullets also want to shoot deer with a .375 Ruger.
I have used everything I own to do this from a single shot 20ga slug; 12ga pump slug; 125gn, 150gn and 180gn .303Br; 110gn, 125gn, 150gn, 180gn, 200gn, 220gn .30-06; 125gn, 150gn, 220gn 7.62x39mm, and now I have a .308 I will play with next year.
Sorry, no slight intended, but I have hunted deer and other game for 31yrs and have never lost an animal due to a bullet not doing it's job. I have lost them due to poor shooting on my part, but not to a bullet failure, and I have only one year in all of those shot "premium" bullets. Nosler partitions from my .30-06 for 600yd shots on deer across a field I was not allowed to walk on but could hunt over. The farmer then took me across to get the deer.
I would be the first to advocate premium bullets fired from premium outfits if I was forced to pay thousands of dollars for a guided hunt, but until then, I'll shoot more of the cheap stuff and keep in practice.