Black powder supplies in Canada

Horseman1977

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Southern Alberta
I am just getting into Black powder shooting and want to know where the best place to get stuff is. I have tried the Cabela and Wholesale Sports web sites but all their stuff is on back order and the Wholesale Sports stores I have been to in Edmonton, and Lethbridge didn't have much for black powder stuff in stock. Is it better to buy from the US? Like Dixie Gun Works, or Track of the Wolf. I need everything, like powder horns, ball starters, round balls, patch material, etc.
 
Do a Google search for Hillfolk Musket Supplies, Senlac, SK. Doug and Beckey are great to deal with and just south of Lloydminster.
 
Try giving loyalist arms a call, they have muskets and rifles with all the little bells and whistles.

Blair is a true gentleman that has always gone above and beyond in all of my dealings with his company.

They also -properly- fix all the kit they sell.
 
I bought two powder flasks (Pedersoli) and a Lee's bullet mold from Track of the Wolf..very good and fast service, good prices,excellent packaging and mail tracking. I would of bought Canadian but couldn't seem to get any action out of the dealers that I tried. Will try Loyalist Arms are they Canadian?????
 
There is a BP trader in Nanaimo, who goes to the Rondys around these parts , he has everything that you would need. I'll pm you his phone #.
Cheers nessy.
 
Try Caroline supplies in Caroline,Alberta I was having a hard time finding all the bits and pieces and went there and they had it all.Powder,measures, ball,wonderwads lube Etc.
 
Probably better to buy some stuff in the stats if you can. The benefit is of course cheaper prices, and you do not need an import license to bring in black powder.
 
Probably better to buy some stuff in the stats if you can. The benefit is of course cheaper prices, and you do not need an import license to bring in black powder.

I would rather see you support a Canadian outfit. If you were going through the trouble of keeping B.P. on the shelf but no one was buying it why would you do it for long.

Caroline supply was already mentioned.

In Edmonton... Lock and Load (West end), The Shootest (Ste. Albert)

Nic
 
Yes go to Reg's in Caroline if you want to pay $35 a lb for BP...........Harold.. his supplier in Victoria [a Blasting Co] charges $20 a lb
 
Loyalist are a outfit from Nova Scotia, they sell all kinds of stuff.

They have a rather hard to navigate website, but their selection of serviceable kit makes up for it.

Quality goods and really hard to equal service.

they are CANADIAN


In my opinion if you can get a bp substitute in your area for 2$$ a pound and real black powder for 50$$ a lb spend the 50$$ and get real black powder.

I still have 2 lbs of that american pioneer substitute stuff....half assed at best at worst a source of colorful metaphors
 
I love supporting Canadian outfits, but where do they get their black powder? Its not made here. If the prices were comparable it would not be a big deal to pay a premium to support Canadian distributors, but look on the interweb and the prices you see in the US are very attractive...
anywhere from $16/lb (goex) to $26/lb (swiss), and you can probably find better, thats what I came up with at trackofthewolf.com after a quick search. What does that go for up here?


I would rather see you support a Canadian outfit. If you were going through the trouble of keeping B.P. on the shelf but no one was buying it why would you do it for long.

Caroline supply was already mentioned.

In Edmonton... Lock and Load (West end), The Shootest (Ste. Albert)

Nic
 
Back
Top Bottom