Antique pistol Laws confusing! Can I own one?

Big_red_truck

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey guys , I've been looking at black powder revolvers. I'm a big fan of the colts , i've had my eye on a 1858 army colt revolver .44 cal. Thing is the laws are so unclear to me. I just want it as a collectors item to hang it in my room and to shoot it in my back yard at targets now and then. We live in a rural area and we own 165 acres of land. Can I purchase one my my regular PAL license or do i need my restricted course? Here is a link to the cabelas add.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&rid=&parentType=&indexId=cat20817&hasJS=true

can i get this shipped to canada?


thanks guys!
 
Hey guys , I've been looking at black powder revolvers. I'm a big fan of the colts , i've had my eye on a 1858 army colt revolver .44 cal. Thing is the laws are so unclear to me. I just want it as a collectors item to hang it in my room and to shoot it in my back yard at targets now and then. We live in a rural area and we own 165 acres of land. Can I purchase one my my regular PAL license or do i need my restricted course? Here is a link to the cabelas add.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&rid=&parentType=&indexId=cat20817&hasJS=true

can i get this shipped to canada?


thanks guys!




If its a newly made pistol....restricted.

I have seen a few origionals come up on the ee every now and then, get a origional and your good to go.
 
The one in that link is new and not antique. It's a remington 1858 btw. You need to have an RPAL and it would need to be registered and you couldn't legally shoot it in your back yard.
 
Modern reproductions of antique revolvers are restricted so you need an RPAL,Real antiques ie. pre 1898 tend to be expensive and might not be safe to shoot. For the price of a good antique you could buy lots of reproductions and shoot them until they look like antiques that is what I am going to do......:D
I am not an expert but I think the only place you can shoot a handgun with a regular RPAL is at an approved range.........V:I:
 
Back
Top Bottom