Antique flowchart

SCDL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario
EDIT:
25i7ix2.jpg


Credit goes to 41 Colt.

Good god. Antique firearms have the most confusing of all firearm legislation in Canada. This is bewildering!

We really should make a flowchart...

So... The end results: No license required/PAL required/RPAL required/12.6 required.

Divergent paths: Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun, muzzle-loader/rimfire/centerfire 1897 or earlier/1898 or later and then all the round limitations...

Did I miss anything?
 
Last edited:
I used an online flow chart once to identify some old Stanley woodplanes I had, it was neat. Something like it for firearms would be cool.
 
Actually, now that I think about it, it would be easier to have two different flowcharts... One for handguns, one for long-guns.
 
Beta version of the long-gun flowchart.

Please correct any errors. This s**t makes my head spin.

Is it a flintlock, wheel-lock or matchlock firearm?

If so, no license.

If not, was it manufactured before 1897?

Path 1 (>1898)
If not, is it capable of firing when reduced by folding, telescoping or otherwise to 660mm or less?

If so, RPAL.

If not, PAL.

Path 2 (<1897)

If so, can it fire .22 short/long/long rifle, 10/12/16/20/28 gauge/.410 bore or a center-fire cartridge (whether smoothbore or rifled) with a bore diameter of 8.2mm or less (measured from land to land) NOT fed from magazine?

If not, no license.

If so, is it capable of firing when reduced by folding, telescoping or otherwise to 660mm or less?

If so, RPAL.

If not, PAL.
 
41 colt, remember the 26" OAL for non-restricted! Many long-guns will likely require an RPAL.

And now I'm confused about the 8.3mm mag fed thing...

God. This is such a cluster####...
 
So a licence for practically everything that was produced except the rarest of the rare.
Canadians really don't trust each other.

Politicians don't trust Canadians.

Stupid people that have been scared by fear-mongering people with agendas, have pretty much gave the politicians a free rein to do the rest of us over.


Nice job on the chart, 41 Colt. Should post that into one of the stickies.

Cheers
Trev
 
I edited my chart. I eliminated the PAL, RPAL, 12.6 stuff as I want it to be purely for determining whether a gun is antique or not. Less cluttered now too.
 
41 colt, remember the 26" OAL for non-restricted! Many long-guns will likely require an RPAL.

And now I'm confused about the 8.3mm mag fed thing...

God. This is such a clusterf**k...

If the gun fits all other antique requirements, OAL is a non issue. The CFC does not care about barrel length on an antique as it is NOT a firearm. (And i have the letter from them to prove it).
 
If the gun fits all other antique requirements, OAL is a non issue. The CFC does not care about barrel length on an antique as it is NOT a firearm. (And i have the letter from them to prove it).

Yes, but if it does not meet the qualifications for antique status and the rifle's OAL is <26", then it requires an RPAL, not a PAL.
 
I think this one is the wrong sticky. It should be the other one that has the flowchart as the very first post.
 
Back
Top Bottom