I have returned from 10 days at the Heffley Creek Rendezvous. Shooting was daily for the 8 days from Saturday to Saturday inclusive.
Whether was quite different this year; quite windy on Thursday when I got there and some scattered showers over the next few days. Temperature was fairly cool but starting about Tuesday the weather warmed up and was quite nice by Friday. A brief shower on the last Saturday while shooting but fortunately my flinter continued to fire . Then Saturday night about supper time, the heavens opened up and a firmnament descended upon the earth. Fortunately it ended after about 1/2 hour although it left about 1/2 inch of water on the ground for the next couple of hours.
We had lots of shooting events with a chunk gun match being new this year. A lot more difficult than it looks. All things considered, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
My dog Moon accompanied my wife and I again this year and was very popular with some of the local kids who took him for a walk a couple of times. Photos should be somewhat self explanatory. I didn't take more of the shooting because I was too busy shooting
I almost forgot there were 131 camps total with 35 -40 of them being primitive camps
cheers mooncoon
Whether was quite different this year; quite windy on Thursday when I got there and some scattered showers over the next few days. Temperature was fairly cool but starting about Tuesday the weather warmed up and was quite nice by Friday. A brief shower on the last Saturday while shooting but fortunately my flinter continued to fire . Then Saturday night about supper time, the heavens opened up and a firmnament descended upon the earth. Fortunately it ended after about 1/2 hour although it left about 1/2 inch of water on the ground for the next couple of hours.
We had lots of shooting events with a chunk gun match being new this year. A lot more difficult than it looks. All things considered, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
My dog Moon accompanied my wife and I again this year and was very popular with some of the local kids who took him for a walk a couple of times. Photos should be somewhat self explanatory. I didn't take more of the shooting because I was too busy shooting
I almost forgot there were 131 camps total with 35 -40 of them being primitive camps
cheers mooncoon


















































