Never trust the seller on what year a gun was made always get the s/n and check it!

Ok are you saying you bought a Antique Revolver off Gun broker got it ship to Canada just like a regular Parcel mail ? :confused:

If I get this right I can buy any antique (1897 or less not in the Prohibited or restricted Caliber list) off GB and have it ship in Canada without any BS paperwork or permit ?

If so I better register to GB right now and start looking for a Bush gun :D

I didn't know the US would ship antique to Canada that easily

I feel sad and sorry you had to destroy what sounded like a nice revolver but your thread just gave me a big boost of motivation on Antique importation
 
You would be taking a huge chance...if customs stops your package and finds out it's a gun than you are going to be in trouble.


Ok are you saying you bought a Antique Revolver off Gun broker got it ship to Canada just like a regular Parcel mail ? :confused:

If I get this right I can buy any antique (1897 or less not in the Prohibited or restricted Caliber list) off GB and have it ship in Canada without any BS paperwork or permit ?

If so I better register to GB right now and start looking for a Bush gun :D

I didn't know the US would ship antique to Canada that easily

I feel sad and sorry you had to destroy what sounded like a nice revolver but your thread just gave me a big boost of motivation on Antique importation
 
Ok are you saying you bought a Antique Revolver off Gun broker got it ship to Canada just like a regular Parcel mail ? :confused:

If I get this right I can buy any antique (1897 or less not in the Prohibited or restricted Caliber list) off GB and have it ship in Canada without any BS paperwork or permit ?

If so I better register to GB right now and start looking for a Bush gun :D

I didn't know the US would ship antique to Canada that easily

I feel sad and sorry you had to destroy what sounded like a nice revolver but your thread just gave me a big boost of motivation on Antique importation

Yes, as long as it's antique class.
 
Ok this is confusing.
one is saying I am taking huge chance
And
41 Colt is it's Green GO

Lets say I buy a Antique off GB and have it ship to a friend near the border because the seller dosent ship internationally . how does is work to go thru Canadian custom or US Export control with a Antique (let suppose the antique is a Pre 1898 .41 colt Lightning)
 
If the gun is antique, check here for a simple method to determine that, then it is okay to be shipped over the border without ANY restrictions. If the seller won't ship to Canada, get your friend to accept it and have him forward it to you. Have your friend state the Make, Model, Serial #, DOB & Caliber on the customs form. I have never had any issues doing it this way. There are also the RCMP letters but I don't get those since they changed them. Shipping an antique class gun over the border is completely legal.
 
Back
Top Bottom