Where to buy CCI Stinger .22 LR ?

Socrates

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Location
Ontario
I just tried shooting CCI Stinger .22LR for the first time today and really liked the extra "kick".

Any recommendations on where to purchase in bulk ?
 
I just tried shooting CCI Stinger .22LR for the first time today and really liked the extra "kick".

Any recommendations on where to purchase in bulk ?

I know Al Simmons in Hamilton carries it. You could try Le Baron in Mississauga or Bass pro in Vaughn..Do you belong to a club? BTW the stuff ain't cheap about $6 per 50..
 
Thanks Johnnyreb...Yeah I shoot at Target Sports...and bought some there today...but seemed pricey @ $8.99 per 50... I'll try Bass Pro and Le Baron...thanks again
 
Thanks for asking that question...

Well my intention was to shoot the CCI Stingers primarily with my CZ Kadet....and occasionally with my Ruger SR-22

Think either will have issues with them ? I tried shooting them in a Ruger MKIII at the club and they seemed to work well with that pistol.
 
Another Vote for CT. That is where I get all my stingers. My buddy just got some Federal or Remington Fireball which would be another hyper velocity option if you can't find stingers. There are also Aguila Supermax which are the fastests as well as a few others like yellow jackets, vipers, etc that all will reach that hyper velocity barrier and they all are around the same IMO for performance (cycling of semi, etc). I find the old yellow jackets personally to be the most accurate as I find when making 5-10 shot groupings there are always a few flyers with the stingers. But aside from that they are great rounds and are accurate for the most part. Enjoy your .22 its the funnest calibre out there.
 
Maverick, Battle River Sports in Stettler has a bunch of stingers left I bought ALL his minmags at the beginning of summer and he hasn't got any in since. He has 9 bricks of stingers left, will ship
 
"...CCI Stingers..." Daft, expensive, stuff, just like all the other hyper-velocity .22 ammo. You have to try a box of each brand to find out if your particular firearm shoots it well. Doesn't matter what brand of firearm either.
"...liked the extra "kick"..." Means nothing if it isn't accurate out of your firearms. Your local gun shop can order whatever you want, in whatever quantity you want. Be prepared to pay up front.
"...some rifles don't like them..." No different than any other .22 ammo. Moreso with hyper-velocity .22 ammo though.
"...seemed to work well with that pistol..." Functioning and accuracy aren't the same. Not that great if the ammo, any ammo, cycles the action, but isn't accurate. Hyper-velocity .22 ammo will cycle any semi-auto, but a particular brand won't necessarily be accurate enough to spend the money on a case.
As an aside, when Stingers, Expeditors(Winchester) and Yellow Jackets(Remington) first came to Canada, a few of the gun shop regulars did some of their own tests on a standard M1 'Steel Pot' helmet. Don't know at what range, but both the Stingers and Expeditors penetrated one side and stopped. The Yellow Jackets went right through both sides.
Means squat if the particular brand isn't accurate out of your firearms.
 
Back
Top Bottom