Rechambering and deregistering a rifle?

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
Anyone ever do this? I love lever guns but only rimfire are antique. I came up with an idea to get one in .22lr and rechamber it to .22WMR.

What's the process? Would a verifier have to look at it?

Also, what's the pressure difference between .22lr and .22WMR? Would it be safe?
 
when i was about 15 i rechambered a old bolt action lakefield 22 in a single shot 22mag .

was it safe ?........ who knows ....... i did put a hunderds of rounds through it , maybe i was just lucky .

with a 22lr levergun , would bolt throw be long enough , and would the action be long enough to cycle the 22wmr round ?

with the lakefield i had to open up the action to make room for the length of a unfired round .
a fired round had no trouble cycling without opening up the action .
 
I have changed the registration on 3 different rifles because they had been rebarreled and changed. No problems; just call CFC and tell them what has changed and they will issue new registration slips..........wTc
 
The only pre-1898 lever action 22 rimfire rifles I can think of are the Winchester 1873 (rare in 22) and the Marlin 1891 and 1892. It's not safe to use high velocity 22LR ammo in the Marlins, so rechambering one for 22 Magnum would be looking for trouble.
 
How are you reading the flowchart? All rimfire repeaters are antique unless they are .22 short, long or long rifle. No repeater centerfire are antique and it states that. I could make an adjustment.
 
How are you reading the flowchart? All rimfire repeaters are antique unless they are .22 short, long or long rifle. No repeater centerfire are antique and it states that. I could make an adjustment.

Yep. Reading the flow chart and it is not clear that Rimfire Long Guns other than the named calibers are antiques whether repeaters or not.
And I'm pretty sure i knew that before, too. :redface: I had scooted over and had a look at the flow chart, though, and it wasn't very clear.

For clarity's sake, maybe an adjustment there should be made.

Great tool!

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom