What's the deal with importing ML's?

Rickyy101

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
Ottawa
I'm sure the answer is around here somewhere but I can't find it, whats up with importing ML's? I don't think flintlocks are an issue, but what about percussion caps?
 
This subject has been discussed many times. You can buy an ML in the USA but you have to have the registration in hand when you bring it into Canada along with your PAL. I bought mine and then the dealer stored it for me until I had the paperwork done. You will need the usual stuff....make, model, caliber, barrel length, serial number. On the return trip the Canadian Customs will take the HST. Good luck as there is a great selection and they are less $$$$ over there. Many Canadians want to be patriotic and buy here. Nothing wrong with that either.
 
... You can buy an ML in the USA but you have to have the registration in hand when you bring it into Canada along with your PAL. ...<snip>

Having a registration certificate in your hand before you go to the States to pick up the firearm is ideal, but if you don't have one when you arrive at the border, Customs will give you a receipt and hold the firearm until you get it registered. Then you have to go back to the border crossing with the reg cert to pick it up.
 
Flintlock long arms are not guns on either side of the border. Percussion locks are firearms unless they are also antiques.

If antique, or a flintlock RIFLE (handguns differ), ten you can just walk it across with no fuss - or even by mail, for that matter.
 
Back
Top Bottom